Minor complaints thread (25 Viewers)

We booked a gig in the Workman's Cellar for July, worth trying there maybe? Haven't actually visited the place mind you, just hoping it's decent. Capacity 150-ish, costs around €250 for the night (which includes, amazingly, someone on the door)

Fuck all available dates

#1: Day off. After three days of draaaaggging myself out of bed and scraping into work just on time sans breakfast, I wake up at 05:25 today, fresh as a daisy.

#2: It's now 08:39 and this jubilee coverage is grating me. I guess the Red Arrows will be cool, if I catch a glimpse of them.

a few of the metal Heardles were silent for the first second or two e.g. Turbo Lover so I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer.
I only got today's one on the last clue.
Mandatory Suicide is the only one of the 15 metal ones I heard that I got immediately.

I didn't know the 80's pop one today but it was a solo track by the singer of the band I narrowed it down to.

I got a new soldering iron/station in lidl, finally retiring the one I've been using for 15 years as it doesn't heat up fully anymore.

After 30 mins usage the tip is fucked, can't tin it, and its started to pit. bizarre carry on.

I've been told that my Lidl soldering iron is shit, and that's why my soldering is shit.

But then again the guy who said that was sparing my feelings. I'm just really crap at soldering.

But should I bother investing in a good soldering iron if it only makes me less crap? Good soldering is still a mystery to me, even though I did it for my Junior Cert., and have had to do it for guitars and work and other things since.

I got a new soldering iron/station in lidl, finally retiring the one I've been using for 15 years as it doesn't heat up fully anymore.

After 30 mins usage the tip is fucked, can't tin it, and its started to pit. bizarre carry on.

They sell the worst irons known to man. I can give ya a handheld one if ya like. Have a box of them somewhere.

I've been told that my Lidl soldering iron is shit, and that's why my soldering is shit.

But then again the guy who said that was sparing my feelings. I'm just really crap at soldering.

But should I bother investing in a good soldering iron if it only makes me less crap? Good soldering is still a mystery to me, even though I did it for my Junior Cert., and have had to do it for guitars and work and other things since.

Good iron makes a huge difference but so does an iron that just works the way it should. Lidl is not the answer either way.

Soldering isn't a dark art. Heat both things for a few seconds, bring solder in, wait a couple seconds, being solder away ,bring iron away. Remember iron is first and last.

Good iron makes a huge difference but so does an iron that just works the way it should. Lidl is not the answer either way.

Soldering isn't a dark art. Heat both things for a few seconds, bring solder in, wait a couple seconds, being solder away ,bring iron away. Remember iron is first and last.
Could you recommend a decent inexpensive one Moose?

They sell the worst irons known to man. I can give ya a handheld one if ya like. Have a box of them somewhere.

it actually comes up to temp really quickly etc., its just the tip itself is god awful. I have some spare tips I bought from maplins (RIP) many many moons ago which are really decent. Will try a swap.

most of the wiring I do these days is pretty basic guitar wiring - havent touched PCB/breadboard or ventured inside an amp in the best part of 8-9 years.

it actually comes up to temp really quickly etc., its just the tip itself is god awful. I have some spare tips I bought from maplins (RIP) many many moons ago which are really decent. Will try a swap.

most of the wiring I do these days is pretty basic guitar wiring - havent touched PCB/breadboard or ventured inside an amp in the best part of 8-9 years.

If the tips are shite I wouldn't have much hope for the rest of it lasting. Think I got a week out of one before

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back