Minor complaints thread (23 Viewers)

There's a weird writing tic that Pitchfork seem to have where they say "[band member] from [band] once described [album/song/whatever] as"

anyway, that 'once described' thing, it really bugs me. Just say 'described', why the additional word there? It's overly defensive and completely unnecessary.

and a minor complaint (y)

I proofed and edited an essay for my sister last week. Spent the best part of an hour tidying up things for her and at the end she said that she was over the wordcount so I had to spend another half hour cutting 5-6% of the words from the thing. I've never hated the redundant usage of the word "very" so much.

^ I remember in my first year of college I developed a bad habit of using the term "In essentials..." in my essays. Once a nice but rumpled lecturer handed back one of my projects with "YOU DO NOT OWN A TOILETRIES COMPANY. STOP. SAYING. IN. ESSENTIALS." written on it. Fair play!

Woke up this morning and my ear plug was jammed right in my ear canal and wouldn’t come out. I panicked for a bit and thought I’d have to go to hospital but eventually it worked its way out.

article-0-1923342400000578-286_634x454.jpg

I'm In for the full amount, but I need 45%.

Real feel is bollocks. How can there be any other measurement of the temperature than what it feels like. Why do we have two temperatures now?

This is why we have Brexit. Thanks scientists.

No, but you've just given me a startup idea...

There's a Turkish Barbers in Navan I got to occasionally. They're great. They even burn your ear hairs with this little flaming stick as part of the right good grooming.
I'm cursed with heavy brows (thanks DNA!) and just over a year ago this barber asked "brows?" and I was "er, what?!".. next thing they were done. That's it. Done now. Welcome to the rest of my fucking life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back