Minor complaints thread (39 Viewers)

Gotten worse. Group of lads all firing fireworks at each other. One was in our front garden. When I went out, they fired some fireworks at me & had one explode under the car.

Wankers, hope no damage was done to you - or the motor?!

When the barista puts the plastic lid over the seam area that runs vertically along the cup. You inevitably will end up with silent drips going down your shirt/pants :(

Got a coffee from the Natural Bakery Company yesterday and their lid leakage is comically bad. How can you fuck that up, you had *one* job.

When the barista puts the plastic lid over the seam area that runs vertically along the cup. You inevitably will end up with silent drips going down your shirt/pants :(

Got a coffee from the Natural Bakery Company yesterday and their lid leakage is comically bad. How can you fuck that up, you had *one* job.

Buy a coffee cup, you monster. :p

That whole 500 years of plastic for 1 hour of coffee just isn't worth it.

Are most places generally ok now with you bringing in your own cup? I've worked in coffee shops myself, back in the day, and although I fully support the idea of cutting down on paper cups, I would, nonetheless, be absolutely disgusted by some of the filthy shit people would make me wash and use.

Well I see what you are saying, and I've no trouble agreeing that people are awful. On the other hand, Its still in my opinion, wayyy more filthy to just fuck a new coffee lid into the sea every time you want a hot drink. There's a campaign in galway where coffee places that are into doing refills have a sticker in the window, and sometimes a discount. Its not so much the paper cups and more so the plastic lids.

We finished watching Atypical and thought I was being all talent-scouty by thinking that the daughter was some unknown who kicked ass in her role and was bound for acting success. Anyway just found out that she is a "well known fashion icon" who got into acting for the laugh. Oh, and with famous parents.

Well I see what you are saying, and I've no trouble agreeing that people are awful. On the other hand, Its still in my opinion, wayyy more filthy to just fuck a new coffee lid into the sea every time you want a hot drink. There's a campaign in galway where coffee places that are into doing refills have a sticker in the window, and sometimes a discount. Its not so much the paper cups and more so the plastic lids.

I often ask for no lid. They look at me like I'm on something.

Oh jaysus, I wouldn't dream of arguing otherwise!! I'm fully in agreement with you. Just shedding light on the horror that can be the barista's relationship with the abuser of the reusable cup.

Oh jaysus, I wouldn't dream of arguing otherwise!! I'm fully in agreement with you. Just shedding light on the horror that can be the barista's relationship with the abuser of the reusable cup.

yeah sorry in my 50 tabs open post coffee enthusiasm misread your post a bit :)

I live in a signal dead zone and can't sign into gmail without taking a walk down the road to get my phone verification code.

Are most places generally ok now with you bringing in your own cup? I've worked in coffee shops myself, back in the day, and although I fully support the idea of cutting down on paper cups, I would, nonetheless, be absolutely disgusted by some of the filthy shit people would make me wash and use.
I always bring my own and even though it's a big awkward bastard of a cup I invariably get complimented for doing so. Obviously remembering to wash it is a big part of it.

I've been playing ti amo by Phoenix a lot and it's growing on me big time. Now I regret that old git decision not to buy that balcony seat for their gig in march.

ind-4.jpg

There's a weird writing tic that Pitchfork seem to have where they say "[band member] from [band] once described [album/song/whatever] as"

anyway, that 'once described' thing, it really bugs me. Just say 'described', why the additional word there? It's overly defensive and completely unnecessary.

and a minor complaint (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back