Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

In fairness, my only goal in life is to legitimately make it into the independent society pages with a glass of "bubbly" in my hand. Preferably with Roz Purcell in the picture, whoever she is.

There were some screengrabs knocking about yesterday from a pro-life campaign facebook page (i think) from a while back, where young katie was going on about organising against the repeal campaign in UCD and Cora Sherlock chimed in about maybe changing the union's policies from within or something. And the rest is history.

Then there was some stuff today about MYSTERIOUS PEOPLE with cameras filming the impeachment proceedings who wouldn't speak at all when asked where they were from.

UCD students vote to impeach union president Katie Ascough

The campaign to impeach Ms Ascough began after she removed a page on access to abortion information from the student union’s Winging It freshers’ magazine, meaning the magazine had to be re-printed at a cost of between €7,000 and €8,000. The impeachment referendum started after a petition signed by 1,200 students.

Ms Ascough said she took the decision to remove the page after seeking advice from the union lawyer, who stated he had “serious concerns” about the legality of providing the information on abortion services under Irish law.

Ms Ascough is a prominent anti-abortion activist, and the daughter of Tom Ascough, who sits of the Iona Institute board of directors.

In fairness, my only goal in life is to legitimately make it into the independent society pages with a glass of "bubbly" in my hand. Preferably with Roz Purcell in the picture, whoever she is.

Can we make a cross forum pact that if ever any of us somehow gets invited to one of the types of shindigs people my be snapped for the society pages of the indo we leave our wives/husbands/significant others at home and bring lili as our plus one?

Well done to UCD students for voting her in in the first place.

According to a mate of mine who was following it more closely than I was she ran unopposed. Which seems really weird, are there no ambitious young fianna failer or junior blueshirts hanging out in Belfield any more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back