Minor complaints thread (44 Viewers)

According to a mate of mine who was following it more closely than I was she ran unopposed.

Its not that uncommon, the pattern being that the politcos in waiting tend to test the water with a less responsible post in the heirarchy and then potentially gun for usi or that position. I've seen about 3 unopposed positions in 2-3 years.

What's wrong with a gramme of water? It's common to weigh water when you want accuracy (like in baking where your measuring jug can be inaccurate enough to make your mixture too wet). 1 millilitre of water is exactly 1 gramme (that's the SI definition of a millilitre).

More logical to specify liquids in volume and dry things in weight.

I've never weighted a liquid in my life.
It depends on the situation as to how logical it is. As I said earlier, it's easier to be exact in a kitchen by weighing water rather than using a measure (unless it happens to be exactly one teaspoon or tablespoon or whatever). If you're making something like gravy, it's not a big deal obviously.

hot water and cold water have different weights per ml
You're talking about the weight of additional energy in a system (in the form of heat), I'm not sure you can reliably measure that outside of a vacuum or with some balance that goes to 0.0000000000000001 grammes (rough estimate, I'm not a physicist). Using cold or hot water isn't going to affect your coffee measurements.

You're talking about the weight of additional energy in a system (in the form of heat), I'm not sure you can reliably measure that outside of a vacuum or with some balance that goes to 0.0000000000000001 grammes (rough estimate, I'm not a physicist). Using cold or hot water isn't going to affect your coffee measurements.

No, I was talking about the water expanding, which the internet tells me can be 3.4% in between room temp and near boiling, so youd really be fitting about 38g of water into 40ml, or 42g into 40ml depending on which side of town you are coming from.

It's a life of matter and death.

Poor dog is being tormented by bangers. She's been charging around for near two hours now. And that's with some tablet designed to calm her.

Poor dog is being tormented by bangers. She's been charging around for near two hours now. And that's with some tablet designed to calm her.

That's shit, I'd say the dogs near us are going mad, it's been fairly sustained since about 7.30

That's shit, I'd say the dogs near us are going mad, it's been fairly sustained since about 7.30
Gotten worse. Group of lads all firing fireworks at each other. One was in our front garden. When I went out, they fired some fireworks at me & had one explode under the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back