meltbannana (1 Viewer)

yawn. sorry for the delay in my reply, i dont check this board so much any more seeing as its become populated by fucking dickheads...

lets take a quick trip back in time:
nogaxt: in the sugar club, the person i'm sitting beside takes his clothes off during knifed set, big bouncer tries to implicate me also. i am innocent. they send biggest bouncer in dublin up to sit beside me and give me a good "talking to" during nogaxts set, which i've paid €10 to see. luckily he's an idiot and i am able to talk sense into him.
joan of arc: a few days later. big bouncer is on the door again and refuses to let me in because of the incedent (where i did nothing wrong). so i miss them even though when they came over with owls (feat. a very similar line up), i put them on, i lost the money, etc. nothing i can do about it.
guapo: i put them up the night before the gig to help out. the complain about ticket price and i explain that its high because the venue is so big/expensive, and also a lot of people who would have come to see them when i put them on (when it was £4/£5) wouldnt pay €12.50 to see them. they are upset. they ask me to contact these people the following day, they say they'll talk to hag and organise a half price guest list on their behalf. even though this involves much extra work and no reward for me i agree. the next night hag arrives at the venue at 9pm, like 5 minutes before the gig "has to start" and there is a big bust up about the supposed half price guest list, hag accuses me of trying to manipulate the situation to get some of my friends in for cheaper. in fact all i am doing is putting myself under pressure so guapo will have more people at the show and hag will have more money to pay them. hag proceeds to argue with me for about 10 minutes, while scientific bong are supposed to be playing to strict stage times. as it happens sci bong play to about 10 people, get pulled off after half the set, about 50 show up in total for guapo, but loads more stream in from the pub causing a racket. guapo are not happy. sci bong relenquish payment so that guapo can go some way to getting some money.
american heritage: hag books the sugar club for it months in advance. i email him advising against it. eventually he msgs me asking for help with the show, i suggest an alternative "cheaper" venue. i get no reply. eventually i email and am told he's sticking with the sugar club. i forget about it, turn up to the show to find 13 people there. wrong venue, wrong crowd, wrong price. great bands but its like a non-event seeing three metal bands play to no one in a plush noo yawk style trend bar with table service where the prices go up every hour.
melt banana: at the start of their set some madzer comes flying into the crowd trying to start a ruckus. he knocks me flying and eventually knocks my hat off. i am enraged but thanks to some people do not enact any physical harm. when i alert the bouncers attention to him a big debate ensues, i am blamed for a cut on his head and even though there are a million bouncers, a relatively small crowd and probably an elaborate security system they fail to determine what actually happened. in these circumstances, i am later told, the bouncers have no choice but to eject both parties. so i'm thrown out of the village into the cold and rain with nothing on but a t-shirt, i'm not allowed to go get the rest of my clothes and dr. psycho is thrown out of the same exit. nice.

now dont you think i have a legitimate grievance here? coming from someone who has been going to your gigs since long before the current spate of scenesters existed you'd think i had the right to an opinion, even a joking one on the internet? if everyone took what you say in your posts even half as seriously as the way you seem to take everything (even going on under false names, etc) we'd all be fighting on the streets.
and for the record i'd say i've given DF at least half their gigs. ever. and thegoone, i really hate you. your stupid opinions and posts are the kind of thing that keeps us amused when sitting at home, bored. stay out of shit you know nothing about.

damien said:
nogaxt: in the sugar club, the person i'm sitting beside takes his clothes off during knifed set, big bouncer tries to implicate me also. i am innocent. they send biggest bouncer in dublin up to sit beside me and give me a good "talking to" during nogaxts set, which i've paid €10 to see. luckily he's an idiot and i am able to talk sense into him.
taking your clothes off somewhere like the sugar club will cause stress. you knew the guy was going to do it... you know bouncers are stupid... you could have bet this would happen.

damien said:
joan of arc: a few days later. big bouncer is on the door again and refuses to let me in because of the incedent (where i did nothing wrong). so i miss them even though when they came over with owls (feat. a very similar line up), i put them on, i lost the money, etc. nothing i can do about it.
you know bouncers are stupid... etc... see above.

damien said:
guapo: i put them up the night before the gig to help out. the complain about ticket price and i explain that its high because the venue is so big/expensive, and also a lot of people who would have come to see them when i put them on (when it was £4/£5) wouldnt pay €12.50 to see them. they are upset. they ask me to contact these people the following day, they say they'll talk to hag and organise a half price guest list on their behalf. even though this involves much extra work and no reward for me i agree. the next night hag arrives at the venue at 9pm, like 5 minutes before the gig "has to start" and there is a big bust up about the supposed half price guest list, hag accuses me of trying to manipulate the situation to get some of my friends in for cheaper. in fact all i am doing is putting myself under pressure so guapo will have more people at the show and hag will have more money to pay them. hag proceeds to argue with me for about 10 minutes, while scientific bong are supposed to be playing to strict stage times. as it happens sci bong play to about 10 people, get pulled off after half the set, about 50 show up in total for guapo, but loads more stream in from the pub causing a racket. guapo are not happy. sci bong relenquish payment so that guapo can go some way to getting some money.
quapo had no right whatsoever to suggest doing this without asking me first, they said it was your idea... either way, neither of you had any right to suggest or encourage this. for obvious reasons.

damien said:
american heritage: hag books the sugar club for it months in advance. i email him advising against it. eventually he msgs me asking for help with the show, i suggest an alternative "cheaper" venue. i get no reply. eventually i email and am told he's sticking with the sugar club. i forget about it, turn up to the show to find 13 people there. wrong venue, wrong crowd, wrong price. great bands but its like a non-event seeing three metal bands play to no one in a plush noo yawk style trend bar with table service where the prices go up every hour.
bullshit. where should i have put it on? the music room? where like? i just shouldn't have done that gig, full stop.

damien said:
melt banana: at the start of their set some madzer comes flying into the crowd trying to start a ruckus. he knocks me flying and eventually knocks my hat off. i am enraged but thanks to some people do not enact any physical harm. when i alert the bouncers attention to him a big debate ensues, i am blamed for a cut on his head and even though there are a million bouncers, a relatively small crowd and probably an elaborate security system they fail to determine what actually happened. in these circumstances, i am later told, the bouncers have no choice but to eject both parties. so i'm thrown out of the village into the cold and rain with nothing on but a t-shirt, i'm not allowed to go get the rest of my clothes and dr. psycho is thrown out of the same exit. nice.
what? are you making a point here? you know bouncers are stupid, right? you know not to do anything to annoy them, right? coz if you do, or don't, you'll end up getting kicked out. even if you sit beside your friend who does something bold, they'll associate you with them and fuck you up, but none of this is news to you, right?

damien said:
now dont you think i have a legitimate grievance here? coming from someone who has been going to your gigs since long before the current spate of scenesters existed you'd think i had the right to an opinion, even a joking one on the internet? if everyone took what you say in your posts even half as seriously as the way you seem to take everything (even going on under false names, etc) we'd all be fighting on the streets.
and for the record i'd say i've given DF at least half their gigs. ever. and thegoone, i really hate you. your stupid opinions and posts are the kind of thing that keeps us amused when sitting at home, bored. stay out of shit you know nothing about.
not that it has anything to do with this, you gave DF around 3 or 4 gigs if memory serves. i have given DF 98% of their gigs :) for obvious reasons. i think you have a legitimate gripe alright, but the way you aired it, it seemed pretty misdirected. you ever been to glasgow? there's a venue there called nice 'n' sleazys, fits 150-200, it's absolutely fucking perfect for every gig i'd ever want to put on. there is nothing like it in dublin. the funnel was the closest thing. i stopped putting on gigs for a lot of reasons and the lack of small decent affordable venues in dublin was a big one of them (reasons, see edit before time began) i'm sorry the funnel closed down but making bitchy comments like "at least alpha relish has stopped promoting gigs now so i won't have to see my favourite bands in shiney venues any more" is shitty. i'm sorry, but it is. that's all. i still love you though. you owe me a blunt.

i don't insist on this, i hate when this happens. but there are very few (semi-affordable) places with decent PAs in dublin... as it happens, the sugar club is one of these... i would have put MB on in whelans but the date was already gone. and MB in the SC would have just been BS. OK?
the strange guy said:
Why insist on putting gigs on in places you know have dickhead bouncers who enjoy throwing out people who've given you money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back