meltbannana (5 Viewers)

Why is is this all about personalities? Hag, you're a good boy - maybe DF went on a bit long on the night but that's cos we don't know our Giraffe Running from our Daemien Frost.
I suppose your band mate inviting us all back to his house after the gig was a bit like a strange guy post here on thumped. I'm a bit disturbed by the talk of a possible court case from a gig, was that a consideration?

Arsenic said:
the secret book and records store is fantastic. i like to buy good tunes there at affordable prices. great stuff.

What a positively sparkling example of the good-natured youth of today. Good man yourself! Unless you're a girl, in which case I'm outraged that you're wasting dinner-making time hanging around record shops with young fellas.

Im a really bigf indie rock and art wank rock fan and i loved Damo Frost and we thlnk all you fucking faggots and 'real' punx should fuck off and give the frost a break. You don't get how wierd and brilliant their noise is. If you dont get it then tough shit , they are the balls, fuck all this PC fucking punk femnist shit- if it rocks it rocks.

OK, listen now, DF are really bad. Seriously. 50 minutes - they have to be taking the piss? Incredibly boring. People come to see the main band, but 50 mins for a support band, who seem to think (from this forum) that they're more important than the main band. That's just shite if you ask me.

punx said:
OK, listen now, DF are really bad. Seriously. 50 minutes - they have to be taking the piss? Incredibly boring. People come to see the main band, but 50 mins for a support band, who seem to think (from this forum) that they're more important than the main band. That's just shite if you ask me.

So, if a band wants to be boring, let them. They'll figure it out in time.
When they realise they've been around for ages (DF) and still no-one likes them - call it a day lads, maybe?

hi jamie,
what do you want me to confront you about? it's cool that you don't like daemien frost... honestly. as i've said a few times now, i don't care about that... i was just surprised at the general bitchiness in relation to the gig in general, that's all.
hag
needtokill said:
I've completely ignored this thread since my comment about DF being shite, but my this thread has been hilarious.

What makes you shite?Somebodys personal taste.Problem with that?Why exactly am I allowed to not like Daemien Frost?Are "punks" not qualified to have an opinion?
You not "Sounding punk" or whatever has nothing to do with it, believe me, if all i listened to was punk/hc I'd kill myself.My taste goes from Wolf Eyes to People Under the Stairs to Discordance Axis to fucking Elvis Costello.
Confront me if you like.I'm Jamie.I work in the Secret Book and Record Store.I'm all ears.

okay...

a lot of work goes into putting on a gig, so when people you know start picking holes in it, it can piss you off...

the set times we worked out with melt banana, they got to play their full set with an encore... what they asked for. our guitar player broke a string which delayed things but did not cut melt banana's set short. i remember we got a pretty good reaction at the gig so this makes me wonder if i'm just talking to 5 or 6 people here who huddled in a corner bitching or something...

i don't care what people think about daemien frost. what i really like is the way people react extremely to it. some people really really hate us, like some people here, and some people go insane for us. that says a lot to me about what we're doing... and reassures me that we're doing something right. we're all old friends so we'll probably be going until we're 60 so if you have a problem, just steer clear. it's as easy as that.

but seriously, daemien frost is not the issue. i hate a couple of bands too and i can be pretty vocal about it. so i'd be an eeejit to get annoyed over someone slagging the band i'm in... right? i just expected a bit more from people who know me and know how much work goes into putting on a gig and who are well aware of how difficult it is to get a decent affordable venue in dublin right now.

make me happy, hate daemien frost, but try not to undermine people who go out of their way to put interesting stuff on in dublin whatever way they can manage it...

all friends now? good.
x

this is becoming my catch phrase..

"Fuck off back to the general board"

thanx

hag said:
okay...

a lot of work goes into putting on a gig, so when people you know start picking holes in it, it can piss you off...

the set times we worked out with melt banana, they got to play their full set with an encore... what they asked for. our guitar player broke a string which delayed things but did not cut melt banana's set short. i remember we got a pretty good reaction at the gig so this makes me wonder if i'm just talking to 5 or 6 people here who huddled in a corner bitching or something...

i don't care what people think about daemien frost. what i really like is the way people react extremely to it. some people really really hate us, like some people here, and some people go insane for us. that says a lot to me about what we're doing... and reassures me that we're doing something right. we're all old friends so we'll probably be going until we're 60 so if you have a problem, just steer clear. it's as easy as that.

but seriously, daemien frost is not the issue. i hate a couple of bands too and i can be pretty vocal about it. so i'd be an eeejit to get annoyed over someone slagging the band i'm in... right? i just expected a bit more from people who know me and know how much work goes into putting on a gig and who are well aware of how difficult it is to get a decent affordable venue in dublin right now.

make me happy, hate daemien frost, but try not to undermine people who go out of their way to put interesting stuff on in dublin whatever way they can manage it...

all friends now? good.
x
I actually didn't mean to seem like I was dissing your promoting skills, sorry if i gave the impression i did , certainly wasn't my intention at all, I've got a lot of respect for what you're doing gig wise (I mean anyone who has the balls to put on OXBOW), even if musically a lot of it isn't to my personal taste. I don't like DF musically and all, but Alpha Relish is fine with me in general, no argument there.I appreciate how much of a pain in the hole putting gigs on is, that's why I don't really do them myself any more.Just wanted to clear that up.Grand so.

damian you sound like a whiney little ballless bitch
no punk mofo
aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh the bouncer threw me out of the shiney club ! it wasnt my fault !
you little rat
punks used to spit in bouncers faces or in the face of authority of
any sort .|..|

ah, that's grand so. for the record, future kings of spain are the worst band in the world. utterly inexcuseable. ;)
needtokill said:
I actually didn't mean to seem like I was dissing your promoting skills, sorry if i gave the impression i did , certainly wasn't my intention at all, I've got a lot of respect for what you're doing gig wise (I mean anyone who has the balls to put on OXBOW), even if musically a lot of it isn't to my personal taste. I don't like DF musically and all, but Alpha Relish is fine with me in general, no argument there.I appreciate how much of a pain in the hole putting gigs on is, that's why I don't really do them myself any more.Just wanted to clear that up.Grand so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back