MBV Gigs (1 Viewer)

buyimng a ticket for the thursday glasgow show from seetickets.com
is it possible to pick them up at the venue? 8 days for the tickets to arrive in post could be cutting it a bit fine. how soon have ye folks recieved them after purchase?

Seetickets won't send them to Ireland. You'll have to pick them up at the venue.

very heavy gig, the extended noise bit had stretched to about 25 mintues by the monday and thats the closest i reckon i'll ever get to being in a tornado

deadly

Just seen this on the MBV forum, thought I'd pass it on for any folks who are going to Manchester:

We're starting a new shoegaze/dream-pop/post-rock monthly club night ("Nowhere") in Manchester, and we're starting with a MBV aftershow special on Saturday 28th (It's an unofficial aftershow, but I have been in touch with the band's manager, Vinita, and she's passed on an invitation to the crew/band, so it could yet turn out to be something special!).

It's all happening Upstairs at the Phoenix pub, 1 Precinct Centre, Oxford Road Manchester, 11pm-2am. £5 entry, £4 with flyer/nus/gig ticket/if you mention this post.

The venue is well within walking distance (10 mins) from the Apollo and is on Oxford Road, which is the main route heading from South Manchester into the City Centre (it's the route of lots of buses including 42,43,44,45). Look out for us outside the gig, handing out flyers with a map on the back! OK, so it's a terrible pub downstairs, but don't let that put you off as the upstairs room is great and perfect for this sort of night (does anyone remember Indigo being there in about 2000-2001?)

I was at the gig on Saturday in Manchester, t'was amazing. Really nailed almost all of the tunes, feed me with your kiss being my highlight of the set. That is of course aside from the unbelievable power and beauty of You Make Me Realise at the end. I have never experienced such wonderful noise at a concert in my life.

"You Made Me Realise" is a serious onslaught live...I only had two hours sleep the night before and it put me into a trance for twenty minutes, rocking slowly front-to-back with my eyes closed. Forgot to get earplugs but didn't really feel like covering my ears either. Unforgettable.

"Soon" was the real highlight for me last night though. Perfect version of it. I think I can die a happy man after seeing that.

Couple of glitches, Kevin's guitar was cutting out during "When You Wake You're Still In a Dream" and I thought the song fell on its arse, "When You Sleep" was poor, the sample was playing out of time with the rest, Kevin's vocals were a bit half-hearted....but overall so, so glad to get the chance to see them.

Yeah the pastels are listed on their myspace as playing the barrowlands on Wednesday. Nice one.

I arrived in Manchester Friday afternoon - main event was to be My Bloody Valentine on Sunday and as much record shopping as possible.
Saw some thumpedy-types on the plane. One looked like the bloke on the Somadrome album sleeve.

Was drinking in Big Hands on Friday and some kindly bloke pointed out that The Fall were playing the Academy the following night. I never thought to check UK tour dates before I left Ireland.

Nice bonus!

Really enjoyed the gig. Way better than Dublin Tripod last March. Rowdier crowd too.
Highlights - Wolf Kidult, Latch Key and Reformation. Low key encore when the lights came up was good.

Onto My Bloody Valentine, Sunday.
One of the greatest gigs I've ever seen.
Visuals = cool.

Wore the stretchy Glider sweatshirt. Now have jogger's nipple.

Brought my own ear plugs which was just as well - the ones provided weren't as good.

highlights
Cigarette In Your Bed
You Never Should
Soon
Feed Me With Your Kiss.

The CHORD OF DEATH was 28 minutes long. Deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back