MBV Gigs (2 Viewers)

i believe the fans of ECW said it best -

"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!"

amazing stuff.

have to say 'lose my breath' was a definite highlight.

fucking crazy amount of gear/ gee-tars.

wow.|..|

Ditto. Was a load of wank.
The gig itself was pretty deadly though.

oh yeah, amazing. The holocaust though = not for me. and not for all the other people who left in droves during it, by the looks of things...

I loved it I have to say. Easily one of the best gigs I have ever been at. For those interested I think this was the setlist (running order almost definitely wrong though). Let me know if I have left out anything:

I Only Said
When You Sleep
(When You Wake) You're Still in a Dream
Lose My Breath
To Here Knows When
Only Shallow
Feed Me With Your Kiss
Sueisfine
Come in Alone
Slow
Thorn
Soon
Nothing Much to Lose
Blown a Wish
You Made Me Realise

Nothing Much to Lose was probably my highlight, although most of it was beyond belief. Only Shallow was perhaps the only disappointment - far too heavy handed with the samples, took away from what the band were doing.

That MBV site was hacked by someone else last week, it must have some crappy security.

Unfortunately not. Got outbid on ebay while we were having lunch with you, but then I thought we had sorted some out through some dutch bloke from that MBV site. Then he stiffed me an hour before I was due to meet him. Ah well, at least we saw them once!

great great show last night. ears still ringing after that 25min+ holocaust/eternal chord thing. sounded like hailstones falling on a galvanise roof multiplied by a few thousand to me. very entertaining watching other people reacting to it/walking away from it.
aside from that part, amazing gig

fucking loved the gig on thursday night. Quite a few fuck ups a long the way including Shields starting the wrong song which I found quite comforting knowing that even the pro's make a balls up at times. Really was amazing, we were in the front row right on front of Bilinda who smiled down at us quite a few times....I think I may have swooned. fucking awesome stuff.

Incidentally, how were everybody's ears after these gigs?

I actually managed to fuck myself up pretty badly, despite wearing 50 quid earplugs for 95% of the gig (I don't mean just stuffing 50 euro notes into each of my ears). After a bit of ringing went away, I thought I was grand, but a week later my hearing started getting really sensitive and painful, getting slowly worse to the point I couldn't go to the pub or cinema, couldn't have a conversation with more than one person and couldn't even listen to music on my laptop without getting irritable/uncomfortable/actual pain.

After the Eye and Ear Hospital were less than useless I managed to get a consultant's appointment and he confirmed it was definitely the gig wot done it, despite the delayed reaction, which he said was normal. I've only just got back to something approaching normality in the last week or two, able to listen to music in headphones again, go to a relatively loud pub etc.

After getting poked around and beeped at by the consultant and an audiologist, they said there's no permanent damage done, thank fuck. Got fitted for proper musicians earplugs last week so I can start going to gigs again, which I can't fucking wait for. Though slightly nervous about. I still feel slightly ill thinking about what it was like for the few weeks after the Roundhouse.

Anyway, just thought I would share my scaremongering story.
IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back