Jesus and Mary Chain: Psychocandy Tour (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Psychocandy is 30 years old next year.

Still remember buying it on cassette, after Some Candy Talking ended up on one of my home made recorded off the radio tapes.

No Irish date yet, but it's is probably on the cards. The gigs may only last 20 minutes and end in a riot.

$_35.JPG

The Jesus and Mary Chain to tour ‘Psychocandy’ « Creation Records

his year marks 30 years since the Jesus and Mary Chain released their debut single ‘Upside Down’ on Creation and NME reports that the band are to take their 1985 album ‘Psychocandy’ on the road and play a handful of UK dates later this year.
NME quotes Jim Reid as saying “‘Psychocandy’ was meant to be a kick in the teeth to all of those who stood in our way at the time, which was practically the whole music industry. in 1985 there were a great many people who predicted no more than a six month life span for The Mary Chain. To celebrate the approaching 30th anniversary of the album, we would like to perform it in its entirety. We will also perform key songs from that period that did not feature on the album.”

The dates announced are as follows:
London The Troxy (November 19)
Manchester Academy (20)
Glasgow Barrowlands (21)
Tickets go on sale Friday 16th May from the usual sites.

Great album to give you a teenage adrenalin rush. Played lots in my house back in 1985 and 1986.

Same here. They were the first real band for me at that pivotal age. My family thought I was insane.

John Peel used to play some fella who played solo trumpet cover versions of the songs.

this record either directly or indirectly got me into most of the music i've ever listened to. i loved the record so much when i was about 16.

still, i can't help but be cynical about this reunion (or whatever... they never actually split up, did they?). the band themselves always seemed to make out like the record was a stunt or a phase that they were going through. none of their other records sound remotely like psycho candy. i saw them about 5 years ago when they were on some sort of best of tour, and they didn't play anything off psycho candy (eh, maybe they played some candy talking).

having said all that, everyone else has done it at this point, and i'm sure if they come to my town with it i'll probably pop along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back