Marriage Equality Referendum (1 Viewer)

How will you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 43 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Undecided (/ I am a moron)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I probably won't bother to actually vote because I'm a selfish prick

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this was panti bar on saturday when the final tally was announced on the 6 o clock news :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah yer grand, it was good craic and all but most people are just working on building their personal brand with their social media posts about it.

Last edited:
Averil Power has quit Fianna Fail.

I am so pleased to hear this. She was absolutely amazing right throughout this campaign. She frequently gave out shite about the lack of support from anyone in Fianna Fail.

I would vote for her in a heartbeat were she in my constituency. She has a great political future ahead of her.

Averil Power has quit Fianna Fail.

I am so pleased to hear this. She was absolutely amazing right throughout this campaign. She frequently gave out shite about the lack of support from anyone in Fianna Fail.

I would vote for her in a heartbeat were she in my constituency. She has a great political future ahead of her.

I would have thought she had a better future in FF. Also, has she only recently discovered that FF are a populist party that won't take a principled stand lest they lose a few votes? Anyone could have told her that prior to her joining the party.

I would have thought she had a better future in FF. Also, has she only recently discovered that FF are a populist party that won't take a principled stand lest they lose a few votes? Anyone could have told her that prior to her joining the party.

A: she knows all this - she's just got good media speil and wants to take her voters with here

B: she's joined the long list of people who 'leave' fianna fail to secure a seat and then quietly rejoin later.

FF are cunts.

I don't think you could fault anything she's ever done though.

Since her election to the Seanad, she has championed a number of issues including education, social justice, mental health and LGBT equality. She was awarded a GALA for 'Politician of the Year' by the National LGBT Federation in 2014.[6] She has also produced policy papers on youth mental health[7] and increasing female representation in politics.[8]

She has spoken out about her experience as an adopted person and is campaigning for all Irish adoptees to have a right to their birth certs.[9]

Prior to her election to the Seanad, she worked as policy adviser to former Minister Mary Hanafin in the Departments of Tourism, Social and Family Affairs and Education.[10] As an adviser in the Department of the Education, she helped to develop and implement the DEIS programme of extra supporters for disadvantaged schools.[11]

She contested the Dublin North–East constituency at the 2011 general election but was not elected. In a three-seat constituency, she polled fourth on the first count, receiving 4,794 first preference votes (11.5%).[12]

She has announced her intention to run for the Dáil again in the next general election in the newly created Dublin Bay North Constituency.[13]

She has an interest in development issues and volunteered in Mozambique with Voluntary Service Overseas in August 2011.[14]

She also visited the Occupied Palestinian territories with Christian Aid in 2013 and has been a vocal advocate of the rights of the Palestinian people. She proposed a motion recognizing the State of Palestine which was passed by the Irish Senate in October 2014.[15] She is a Jury member for the global Frontline Defenders human rights awards.[16]

do you have an adoption cert to replace it?

Just wondering about the practicalities of it all

Yeah, which has my adoptive parents' names on it and functions exactly the same as a birth cert in situations where one might be required.

My objection to it is that I think both parties in an adoption have a right to privacy and a right to be left alone. I've met my biologicals but initial contact was made though a social worker who said that people were looking to meet me and I was able to decide. If some randomer had turned up on my doorstep demanding my attention or some sort of relationship I'd have been furious.

FF are cunts.

I don't think you could fault anything she's ever done though.

She married Fionnan Sheahan, definitely a black mark against her.

Outside of that, I think she's acted far too hastily here and may come to regret it unless she joins another party- if she runs and succeeds as an independent she'll be languishing on the backbenches while FF move on up, she certainly seems driven so I'm not sure how satisfying that would be for her.
Other parties- Sinn Fein is a no no unless she wants a divorce/jobless husband. Labour already have Ivana Bacik and I don't think they could carry another similar politician, especially ahead of their likely demolition come the next G.E. Fine Gael is a possibility, Jerry Buttimer (I think it was him anyway) sounded receptive to the idea when it was thrown at him on S O'R and they do have a fondness for 'celebrity' candidates, stealing A.P. might appeal to them. Which leaves Renua, it might seem far fetched but I wouldn't be at all surprised if John Drennan was onto her within the week, it would be a bit of a coup and would soften their image somewhat.

A: she knows all this - she's just got good media speil and wants to take her voters with here

B: she's joined the long list of people who 'leave' fianna fail to secure a seat and then quietly rejoin later.

I wouldn't have discounted B earlier but its been a pretty vitriolic split. Can't see her going/being invited back so long as the old boys are still influential.

yes, fianna fail is the catch-all party here.

----
the person in work who voted no was giving out
- we were all sheeple for voting yes
- the government will move to ban couples from having their own children as same sex couples can't.
- we're just showing off by voting yes
- slippery slope and this will lead to other stuff (i previously mentioned his view that this will lead to people marrying dogs and trees)

yes, fianna fail is the catch-all party here.

----
the person in work who voted no was giving out
- we were all sheeple for voting yes
- the government will move to ban couples from having their own children as same sex couples can't.
- we're just showing off by voting yes
- slippery slope and this will lead to other stuff (i previously mentioned his view that this will lead to people marrying dogs and trees)
Foolish person

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back