2015 Referendum on legalisation of Same-Sex marriage (1 Viewer)

Has anyone asked John McGuirk about this?

Just in case we need something about the LIBERAL BIAS IN THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

Last edited:
Aside from whether or not they were really the victims of cruel libel, it's amazing that they actually took large sums of money from rte because of what a guest said on live tv. I'd have thought a gracious acceptance of the apology would be the best response to a something rte couldn't have prevented. I gather they took the money anyway, maybe they didn't

Aside from whether or not they were really the victims of cruel libel, it's amazing that they actually took large sums of money from rte because of what a guest said on live tv. I'd have thought a gracious acceptance of the apology would be the best response to a something rte couldn't have prevented. I gather they took the money anyway, maybe they didn't
I believe they're using it to build a massive statue of the lad from the chess murder.

he's busy with the school pro-life talks thing right now

really, really, really busy
jeez yeah he really is

Imagine if it turned it that murder was over a lover's spat

Over what colour the napkins were going to be at the wedding

o'gorman didn't like there being two kings on the chess board, he was worried for the moral wellbeing of the pawns...i mean children...no, i do mean pawns

A few minutes before the debate ended, John Waters suddenly turned on me, and launched into a tirade about my motives, and those of the organisation I work for, in being involved in the campaign at all. Browne eventually interrupted him, and told him that he had directly impugned the integrity of a decent and respectable organisation, and that I had to have a right of reply.

Taken aback by the ferocity of Waters’ verbal assault, I stumbled through a couple of sentences, and the programme came to an end. When the cameras had stopped, Browne remonstrated with Waters. “You simply can’t say that sort of thing, John,” he said. Waters grinned, and replied that it was just the give and take of a robust debate!

I went over to him, and told him he was a disgrace (I may not have been quite as polite as that). A few minutes later, I noticed Browne in huddled conversation with his producer. They told me that they were considering editing the last few minutes of the programme, because there had been a pretty clear defamation. I said I believed it was important the debate be broadcast in its entirety, and gave them both an assurance that Barnardos would take no action on foot of the broadcast.
We can’t let fear get in the way of backing same-sex marriage | Irish Examiner

I like this a lot

Sir, – “Are you now, or have you ever been, in favour of retaining the traditional meaning of marriage? Well, you now know that the most likely explanation for that mistaken view is homophobia”, writes Breda O’Brien (Opinion, February 8th).

I have rarely heard the case for marriage equality put more succinctly. But Breda O’Brien is wrong to think of homophobia as a mindset that one can be “accused” of.

One is not accused of arachnophobia, for example.

It is an illness which needs treatment and those suffering from it should be treated with compassion, understanding and sympathy.

So too with homophobia. It can and has been treated successfully. However, while a person is in the grip of a phobia it is important that they be challenged if they are going about trying to instil their phobia in others, especially impressionable young children. Children should not be made afraid of spiders. Nor should they be made fear same-sex relationships.

What makes the sufferer of homophobia so dangerous around children is that they often call on God to justify their phobia, implying that God too suffers from homophobia. This can have a devastating effect on children, even adults.

Ms O’Brien adds: “By any reasonable person’s standards, to describe someone as homophobic is to take their good name”.

But surely this is impossible. A good name can never be damaged because one suffers from a mental or emotional disorder.

One is simply ill and in need of help, and what is more, everybody around them knows it, except of course those suffering from the same disorder. What all sufferers of phobias should know is that help is out there. They should not be embarrassed to ask for it. – Yours, etc,

‘Homophobia’ and same-sex marriage - Letters | The Irish Times - Tue, Feb 11, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back