2015 Referendum on legalisation of Same-Sex marriage (1 Viewer)

I can't really comment on ongoing referendum stuff.

I am allowed to play what i like on the show though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wasn't aware that NUIG had the power to let gay people get married? They'd only be valid on campus?

Every year NUIG decides a college stance on topical issues by referendum. this year - palestine, prochoice/prolife and same sex marriage. what the students decide the institute adopts as policy. it does not mean same sex marriage will be legal on campus, but it does mean that the institute will encourage whatever the students vote for tomorrow.

It might seem flippant, but then micheal d higgins also won his first political battles here.

I heard/read something to the effect that labour want to put the referendum off as long as possible so that they can legislate out of existence the current restrictions around adoption and children. Since the issue of children is likely to be the real point of controversy the referendum on marriage is more likely to go smoothly if the childcare part of it is already dealt with (or so I took the message to be).
welp

so much for that

ahhh teh memories.

while i've assisted a few people with legality and backgrounds over the past few months, i'm actually glad i'm not working current affairs for this.

Just imagine landing into work and your to-do list starts with contacting those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back