let's yak about the choonz (1 Viewer)

Mostly dosing myself on

Ennio Morricone: In particualer a bizarre comp called 'Morricone aromatico' where they recommend a natural fragrance to go along with each tune. I say unless they're prepared to all the way with 'scratch 'n' sniff' panels then I'm not impressed. The music's great tho'

Current 93: 'I have a special plan for this world'
David Tibet narrates spooky words by Thomas Ligotti over a spooky soundscape by Steven Stapleton and Colin Potter. ....I'm not generally into talking on records but this is fuggin awesome.

Jimmy Webb: 'Archive / Albert hall' Was already well familiar with the archive but the Albert hall gig has some stunning moments.

Latex lizzie said:
i bought this the other day and never need to listen to any other record ever again.

http://www.shopireland.ie/music/search/B0009NDLJA/image/

it is the most beautiful music that man has ever made.

That's a brilliant album, all right, one of the best I've heard so far this year. Recently gave it to a friend for her 30th birthday as well, and she loved it, too. Highly recommended to everyone.

Paul

zombies - time of the season: cos it is, and cos the Dear Wendy soundtrack is almost exclusively zombies tracks. ps love sucks

iggy pop - your pretty face is going to hell: cos it is, admit it.

don caballero - ones all over the place: cos they are, and the way this track resolves itself is incredible.

kraftwerk - europe endless: cos it is. europe will be around forever.

Still listening to a lot of gospel music, specially to a comp I made for Brian Conniffe recently (on it's way to you soon sir) which features the majestic tones of The Soul Stirrers, The Swan Silvertones, Etta James and co.

Ike & Tina, Sleater-Kinney's Dig Me Out, Ella Fitzgerald, Sufjan's new album and Supersystem are all getting a good bit of play round my way as well.

Talk Talk: Spirit of Eden, followed by Laughing Stock. One of the most devastating one-two combinations in popular music.

Jelly Roll Morton: I have the 5CD set, but I don't have the library of congress recordings which are apparently "fucking deadly"

ICUH8N said:
Talk Talk: Spirit of Eden, followed by Laughing Stock. One of the most devastating one-two combinations in popular music.

Jelly Roll Morton: I have the 5CD set, but I don't have the library of congress recordings which are apparently "fucking deadly"
right on about talk talk.

Brian Conniffe said:
this album is fucking amazing. heartbreakingly beautiful at points (the third and first tracks particularly). certainly my favourite of all theirs, and i may even go so far as to say it is possibly their best.
if you like this, check out an album by 1 Mile North called "minor shadows"

its every bit as good as mi media naradja

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back