Legal Highs (3 Viewers)

its fucking hilarious.

that poor doctor, i dont recall his point getting across to one stupid bint.
and that he's 'so out of touch'.
irony is giving me heartburn

McDaid is basically saying "please don't make me a minister ever again Brian" there. Deviation from the "drugs are bad" party line is near political suicide.

His point was really good. He basically said that if they close down head-shops and make their products illegal then those drugs will just become part of the drug underground and be sold by dealers. He said if you get rid of 1 head shop in a town then it will be replaced by 10 dealers selling the same thing. He was also saying how, as everyone knows, the war on drugs is failing so they need to find an alternative solution and prohibition doesn't work because it empowers the dealers.
The callers just kept saying "it's a disgrace, my 14 year old was sold this, they should be shut down".
And of course Mary Harney is trying to pass new legislation to ban some of the products just to score political points. But in the long term it'll just fuck up the drugs situation more so. You would think that by now governments would be saying "nothing is working, we arrest one guy and then 5 new guys appear", at least this doctor fella has some balls.

His point was really good. He basically said that if they close down head-shops and make their products illegal then those drugs will just become part of the drug underground and be sold by dealers. He said if you get rid of 1 head shop in a town then it will be replaced by 10 dealers selling the same thing. He was also saying how, as everyone knows, the war on drugs is failing so they need to find an alternative solution and prohibition doesn't work because it empowers the dealers.
The callers just kept saying "it's a disgrace, my 14 year old was sold this, they should be shut down".
And of course Mary Harney is trying to pass new legislation to ban some of the products just to score political points. But in the long term it'll just fuck up the drugs situation more so. You would think that by now governments would be saying "nothing is working, we arrest one guy and then 5 new guys appear", at least this doctor fella has some balls.

Everyone knows he's also an exTD who's fallen out with the Fianna Fail top brass night? Fair play to him all the same. I'd still be wary that his motives aren't exactly genuine.

Let's not forget that this is the same Dr. McDaid that was arrested for driving the wrong way up a motorway while drunk after a horse racing meeting. He's a chronic attention seeker. He was absolutely useless on Joe Duffy and even the regular oul wans from Clontarf were able to beat him down. I think his broader point about the war on drugs being a failure is correct but his ridiculous suggestion of a massive advertising campaign to reduce demand really let him down.

I didn't actually know who he is. Think it's ballsy enough though to say that things aren't working as they are when the government are content with just getting the police to arrest endless targets.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2747979/Lad-ripped-his-scrotum-off.html

LEGAL DRUG TEEN RIPPED HIS SCROTUM OFF

A LEGAL drug known as 'meow meow' led one lad to rip off his own SCROTUM, police said today.

The lad hallucinated for 18 hours and mutilated himself because he believed centipedes were crawling over his body and biting him.
Cops warned people to stay away from the drug Mephedrone which is sold legally on the internet as PLANT FERTILISER.
Its chemical formula is one molecule different to ecstasy and as such dealers are claiming is not a controlled substance.
It is more commonly known on the streets as "drone", "bubble", "meow meow" or "legal high".
Durham Police are warning that its use can result in severe nose bleeds, nose burns, hallucinations, blood circulation problems, rashes, anxiety and paranoia, fits, delusions and can lead to a heart attack.
But a police report - some of which was based on online forums about the drug - revealed a lad in Durham had tried to rip off his testicles after taking it.
Advertisement

The Durham Police report states: "A large number of contributors state how addictive mephedrone is and they are constantly topping up as one individual states that after using it for 18 hours his hallucinations led him to believe that centipedes were crawling over him and biting him.
"This led him to receive hospital treatment after he ripped his scrotum off."
Cops warned the drug can also become addictive and taken with alcohol or cut with other drugs it could result in death.
Police said five young people had been admitted to hospital in County Durham in recent weeks after taking mephedrone.
In Sweden an 18-year-old died from taking the drug and it has now been banned there, as well as Israel, Norway and Finland.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2747979/Lad-ripped-his-scrotum-off.html

LEGAL DRUG TEEN RIPPED HIS SCROTUM OFF

A LEGAL drug known as 'meow meow' led one lad to rip off his own SCROTUM, police said today.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2747979/Lad-ripped-his-scrotum-off.html#ixzz0fHc2dxSh
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Man you're so right - its starting to sound like an episode of Brass Eye...

Yellow Bentines..Are you a bozz bozz?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Theres a head shop in Finglas village just after opening up.Next door to the green grocer.

I can't see them doing too well around here,unless they stock herbal temazapam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back