jo burger rathmines (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 89
  • Views 16K
  • Watchers 7
We've done 2 special JoBurger half-days in work. It's a commitment - Park West to Rathmines. It necessitates that after your burger, you stay in the area and drink your head off.
The burgers are great, if a little too bready. Great choice, great toppings and I like the sweet potato chips and the appley organic cola. It beats Bobo to a pulp. Bobo is a mockery of a burger joint, I'd honestly prefer a McDonald's. It's all pretension and no tastiness. I'd say the people who own/run it are abominable pricks.

There' another 'gourmet' burger place out Kingstown way, I'm told. Anyone been there?

I ate in BoBo's for the last time the other week. The burger was so basic and shoddily put together, and the chips - quite possibly the worst I've ever had. My mate had to change his order after watching how his chilli sauce was mixed with grill grease. Fucking gross. Chef was a dickhead too.

Passed it last night.
Looks horrendously pretentious.

I was right.
Went there yesterday with Mrs. Ian.
Seems like they spent all their energy in getting the right "vibe".
From the lampshades to the cutlery in old baked bean tins, it seemed like it was "designed" within an inch of its life.

If only they expelled the same amount of energy putting actual flavor in their food.

Bland overpriced fancy shmancy muck.

Pity, cos it could have been a great little spot .

bland |bland| adjective lacking strong features or characteristics and therefore uninteresting : rebelling against the bland uniformity. • (of food or drink) mild or insipid : bland and unadventurous vegetarian dish | bland beers of mediocre quality. • (of a person or behavior) showing no strong emotion; dull and unremarkable : offering bland reassurance | his expression was bland and unreadable. DERIVATIVES blandly adverb blandness noun ORIGIN late Middle English (in the sense [gentle in manner] ): from Latin blandus ‘soft, smooth.’

i need to go to this place very soonly. everyone i know who's been there says the burgers are amazing - and give them major foodcoma.

bland |bland| adjective lacking strong features or characteristics and therefore uninteresting : rebelling against the bland uniformity. • (of food or drink) mild or insipid : bland and unadventurous vegetarian dish | bland beers of mediocre quality. • (of a person or behavior) showing no strong emotion; dull and unremarkable : offering bland reassurance | his expression was bland and unreadable. DERIVATIVES blandly adverb blandness noun ORIGIN late Middle English (in the sense [gentle in manner] ): from Latin blandus ‘soft, smooth.’

Thats giving me verbal indigestion.

Did I post this before? I dunno.

Anyway. They do have nice food. The veggie burgers are nice and so are the sweet potato chips. And the DJs are sound.

However, I was in there a while ago, and the music was so loud, more club at 12pm than noisy boozer loud, that we couldn't hear each other speak and I had a sore throat within minutes of sitting down. It was clear everyone around us was uncomfortable too because you could just here strained conversations punctuated with 'WHAT?' all over the gaff.
I called over the manager dude, who seems very nice, and said 'we can't hear one another above the music'. He responded by telling me he couldn't turn it down, but could knock the bass out a bit. Awesome, that'll do. 5 minutes later it was up full again. It made the whole experience quite uncomfortable and it felt kind of crap that they pretty much disregarded what I'd said.

I think that's a pile of bollox of a way run a show, and I'd seriously consider not going again because of it (unless I was on my own or had to go eat with someone I find boring).

See another bland description.

I had the mushroom and something stodge excuse for a veggie burger.
But Mrs. Ian had the beef burger and concurred that it too had zero flavor.

I think were going to Bobo's this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back