ISIS (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They've been justifying killing civilians with that excuse since Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Also, their metric for saying someone isn't a cilivilian is dodgey as fuck. Any military age male casualty who can't conclusively be verified as a civilian is classified as a combatant.

Edit: I see TK got in with that point already.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Caliphate of Law

The law according to I.S.
They're certainly in it for the long run and, given the lack of urgency in vanquishing them it must be wondered whether, if they moderate their behaviour, they could be accepted as a state, albeit a pariah state in the mould of North Korea.

Hard to see, but maybe.
They want the world to be under Sharia, so they're going to continue pissing people off. They don't have someone like China to put manners on other powers either.

anyone on here reckon that 'ISIS' is actually aload of horseshit?
and an excuse to wage war on 'terrorists'?

I don't think that's the case.
It's been caused by the American involvement in Iraq and the internet Arab Spring bringing about power vacuums in these places.
And all the background proxy shit Iran and the Saudi get up to.

It seems legit as far as I can tell.

Hard to see, but maybe.
They want the world to be under Sharia, so they're going to continue pissing people off. They don't have someone like China to put manners on other powers either.

Hard to see certainly. I'm just considering their setting up of institutions, their relatively firm hold on what they possess combined with the aforementioned lack of urgency in unseating them and, their relative realism in pursuit of their goals. I think if they were to settle with what they have and consolidate, they could be left to their devices, this with some Saudi support (likely covert) could see them become a somewhat permenent entity, if one that's locked out of most, if not all international organisations and institutions.
Maybe a better comparison than North Korea would be Transnistria or Somaliland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back