ISIS (2 Viewers)

Its unlikely to stop there.

How are they getting away with this? It seems like the least surprising thing ever these pricks would try something after what happened last week. I thought they were meant to be on 'high alert'?

Whoever is in charge of security over there had better explain themselves.

Obvious that an attack would happen. Obvious targets. What the actual fuck?

Latest death toll is 26. In Schengen Europe it must be all but impossible to prevent shit like this happening if there are individuals/groups with inclination and means.

Even without Schengen it would be nigh on impossible to stop all attacks, particularly so when they're carried out by European citizens.

True, and I didn't mean to imply I was anti-Schengen. I just think of the shit that criminals and paramilitaries in Ireland get up to when it is relatively closed and I wonder how a country at the heart of the European metroplex could ever hope to prevent all such attacks.

Isn't that the nature of terrorism though, it will always seek to exploit the weakness in any society. No matter what security measures are taken, someone will think of a way of unleashing horror and pain on their target. You can't prevent it, you can only cut off possible modes of attack.

And then there's the whole, how much money to spend on a
Isn't that the nature of terrorism though, it will always seek to exploit the weakness in any society. No matter what security measures are taken, someone will think of a way of unleashing horror and pain on their target. You can't prevent it, you can only cut off possible modes of attack.

Northern Ireland in the 1980s is a case in point. Place was largely on lock down but it didn't totally prevent terrorist attacks occurring, although it presumably curtailed it somewhat.

True, and I didn't mean to imply I was anti-Schengen. I just think of the shit that criminals and paramilitaries in Ireland get up to when it is relatively closed and I wonder how a country at the heart of the European metroplex could ever hope to prevent all such attacks.

I guess the best we can hope for is to minimise the number of attacks, and the death toll of attacks that do occur. Well, that's assuming we can never resolve the underlying issues.

Some new person in work said yesterday apropos of the Rising commemorations, "If they can hit Brussels, nowhere's safe!" I don't know if this was a faux concerned something to say or something they actually believe and worry about but it is pretty silly to me. Not because Dublin could never be the subject of such an attack, just that unless something drastically changes it is far less likely than plenty of other terrible things happening, at least on a personal basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back