ISH Magazine - feedback on your feedback (2 Viewers)

honestly...his band are pretty damn good.
and about the dog thing...yeah my dog does that sometimes...she manages to walk over sniff a tree and end up wrapped around it...as, inevitably, do I.
Its fun...I get to say "oh for fuck sake" out loud..and people think 'is he talking about me?'.

dogs...theyre fantastic.

another great thread guys
i'll be quiet next time i disagree with anyone, it'll probably be for the best
i'm obviously a very stupid person

andrew

TESTAROSSA said:
another great thread guys
i'll be quiet next time i disagree with anyone, it'll probably be for the best
i'm obviously a very stupid person

andrew
I don't think that it was your disagreement that lead to these discussions but more my comeback which was spose to be taken as a joke but humour doesn't really sit well here obviously.

Anyway, I thought about what you said and its starting to sink in, but before I close can I just say that when I said that the magazine is great, I wasn't patting myself on the back, its not my baby so I don't except any credit for it, I was merely complementing Denise and her team for their good work.

Now lets look at how I perceived the situation:-

You hear that a magazine is being launched on Friday, its a magazine that you've never heard of before and don't know anything about.
Between Saturday and Sunday you manage to just somehow stumble across a copy of it, ( despite several people who couldn't find it, even though they are purposely looking for it and have been told where to go to get a copy ).
You have a browse through it and then decide that its shite, its poorly laid out and it looks unprofessional.
So instead of just throwing it back down where you got it, you decide to bring it home so you can have the gratification of throwing it out.
Only before you throw it out you decide to read it ( and what looks like, all of it ) and you even manage to recite some of it from memory, actually for a while it starts to look like you had a hard time putting it down.
You then become familiar with several bands whom you say you never heard of and you learn about their genre and influences.

Yup it sounds like you didn't enjoy the magazine at all????????

Niall S. said:
I don't think that it was your disagreement that lead to these discussions but more my comeback which was spose to be taken as a joke but humour doesn't really sit well here obviously.

Anyway, I thought about what you said and its starting to sink in, but before I close can I just say that when I said that the magazine is great, I wasn't patting myself on the back, its not my baby so I don't except any credit for it, I was merely complementing Denise and her team for their good work.

Now lets look at how I perceived the situation:-

You hear that a magazine is being launched on Friday, its a magazine that you've never heard of before and don't know anything about.
Between Saturday and Sunday you manage to just somehow stumble across a copy of it, ( despite several people who couldn't find it, even though they are purposely looking for it and have been told where to go to get a copy ).
You have a browse through it and then decide that its shite, its poorly laid out and it looks unprofessional.
So instead of just throwing it back down where you got it, you decide to bring it home so you can have the gratification of throwing it out.
Only before you throw it out you decide to read it ( and what looks like, all of it ) and you even manage to recite some of it from memory, actually for a while it starts to look like you had a hard time putting it down.
You then become familiar with several bands whom you say you never heard of and you learn about their genre and influences.

Jeeeeezuz, you're a sucker for punishment. Could you not just quietly admit to yourself that you fucked up, and let it all go?

Niall S. said:
N
i asked what the contraversey was - i post here a lot, it ws a fair question - i knew nothing about any of the people who did it etc - just a sucker for some contraversy
yeah i know - i'm one of those total freaks that goes into town at the weekend. lucky i know all the "cool places" like tower records, eh?! gotta keep ahead of hte game dude...i also picked up the event guide - man am i on top of my free shit.

it's still on my friends floor (or in her bin..) - i haven't seen it since sunday.

Only before you throw it out you decide to read it ( and what looks like, all of it )
i did spend around half an hour reading it - this isn't ulysses, bro...it's not that hard to get through

and you even manage to recite some of it from memory, actually for a while it starts to look like you had a hard time putting it down.
testement to how fucking stupid i think
a> a piece on girls is
b> a piece on girls which asks fucking dumb questions is
c> a piece on girls which asks fucking dump questions and gets even dumber responses is

again - it's like yesterday when i saw a baby fall out of a pram onto the road when it's mother decided to drop that shit off a curb - somethings are so stupid you don't forget them.

ask me would i pay money for your magazine.

andrew
ps - the answer is no.

G-Money said:
wow, bit of venom in that post there fram.....whats that about?

i dont see it as venomous. :eek: just saying fair play to the lady for not letting the rumour wagon get out of control before responding in a succinct and authoritative fashion whilst emphasising the importance of the audience this forum has and could be for such a magazine. sin e.

G-Money said:
I'm here a minute and already i've annoyed people.

Good.

...i thought it would have taken me at least a week!

I'm a cheeky prick, so it looks like i'll fit right in around here.

nah not really. what you're saying has been said before nothing new in your posts so dont expect you'll get up peoples goat. a response to your statements doesnt deem the person to be pissed off. i thought that was what discussion was about. a verbal supply and demand :D

Aren't you the same guy that seen a band called Otranome? You didn't like them and then you decided to email them constantly for about 3 months to tell them how much you dislike them?

I know that they have a song written about a bloke called Andy.

Just I think that you have a really parculiar way of reacting to things that you dislike.

Niall

yeah that's a nice story but in reality what happened was:
someone from otranome kept spamming an english mailing list i'm on about their band (they didn't contribute to the list at all and their band was pretty dis-similar to the stuff talked on that list...list was called nopassingphase - i think it's dead now)
i told them it was stupid, email arguement ensued (i didn't constantly email anyone for 3 months..and it was pretty too and fro - actually it was about 2 months later when i was in new york that i got an email from them informing me that they'd written a song about me (AWESOME!) and i told them i didn't care cos i was in new york)
also - i think they put lots of my emails in their "band mailout newsletter" according to my man pantone - (awesome idea - you're a band for like 3 months and you have a newsletter..kool)
but yeah - your version of the story is much better because it makes me sound completely insane. cool. i'm pretty sure i have yet to write a song about them...not sure.

andrew

ps - i've never actually seen that band - only heard some mp3s.
pps - i think the uh 'misuse' of discussion lists to 'promote' shit up in a cut and paste style is pretty horrible. i don't mind it so much from promoters or distros but when a single band does it - guhh. it's like how everyone here gets pissed off when some major label streetteam lackie posts up stuff here without actually contributing anything. pretty standard reaction for a lot of people.

Fair enough, I don't really know the whole story just that an email battle ensued and knowing the band in question and knowing them to be reasonable people and then having just come into discussion with you in recent times, I might have jumped the gun a little bit.

I am not that good at apologies, but just to say that I am sorry that I disturbed your otherwise peaceful existence.

Peace and Love to all.

Merry Christmas and have a peaceful new year.

P.S. F**k yis all.

Niall S. said:
Fair enough, I don't really know the whole story P.S. F**k
yis all.

no shit.
"fuck yis all" - ha.
oh well at least loads of people here will pick up your shit at the weekend and be like "oh...that was it? total let down" and be totally underwhelmed by all this internet shit

andrew

Niall S. said:
Fair enough, I don't really know the whole story

never let your lack of knoweldge of the whole story stop you jumping with two feet Naill.... you never have before, and never should! It's what makes your rediculously over the top ragings so amausing!

just that an email battle ensued and knowing the band in question and knowing them to be reasonable people and then having just come into discussion with you in recent times, I might have jumped the gun a little bit.

That mailing list was harder to get off then the sex offenders register, they totally ignored numourus peoples requests to unsubscribe and then used the mailing list as a platform to bitch about mails, mails Andy had sent them privately, to a bunch of people who didn;t want to be on the list.

And isn't one of them the guy who posted my "private" gigsmart forum registration details on the forum because I disagreed with him once?

Have a happy crimbo Niall!

Pantone247 said:
never let your lack of knoweldge of the whole story stop you jumping with two feet Naill.... you never have before, and never should! It's what makes your rediculously over the top ragings so amausing!
I just can't believe you wrote that

when da shit goess downnn!!!
cypress.jpg

TEMPLES OF BOOM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back