ISH Magazine - feedback on your feedback (3 Viewers)

Pantone247 said:
here Snaky, I got the pix of you from the last Settler gig back
tut tut Pantaloon, are you implying that I'm in a Welsh coalminer tribute band?

anyway, check out your band, the house of mexican wetbacks, SUCH a slur against our central American friends with sweaty backs

ai ai ai!

hag said:
snaky, all this 'experimentalism' has gone to your head. you've changed man.

ya should've seen the crowds when he came on all "blacked up"

there were bleedin riots

then Sanky explained he's like them transvestites, women trapped in mens bodies

but instead he's a black guy, trapped in a white mans body

Pantone247 said:
ya should've seen the crowds when he came on all "blacked up"

there were bleedin riots

then Sanky explained he's like them transvestites, women trapped in mens bodies

but instead he's a black guy, trapped in a white mans body
hmmm, you know that reminds me of the time when you were in that weird strip club in New Orleans looking through the besplattered peephole at the woman with the "clitorenis" and the arab guy grabbed your ass and you were like "woah". I'm not sure why, it just does.

me too actually...

microsoft is a nuts place to work... they just had a gospel choir singing carols in the canteen (canteen is actually like a nice restaurant)... mulled wine and mince pies, and around 300 people just hanging out, listening and boozing. i am not making this up... yes, a gospel choir. and everyone's been taken out at least three times already on parties... "oh you worked with me 2 years ago for 2 weeks, you wanna come for free food and booze?" it's nuts i tells ye, nuts. but pretty deadly!

snakybus said:
I know, but not because of 'experimentalism'

it's because it's the Christmas and I'm giddy as a goat with a sprig of holly stuck to his nads!

hag said:
me too actually...

microsoft is a nuts place to work... they just had a gospel choir singing carols in the canteen (canteen is actually like a nice restaurant)... mulled wine and mince pies, and around 300 people just hanging out, listening and boozing. i am not making this up... yes, a gospel choir. and everyone's been taken out at least three times already on parties... "oh you worked with me 2 years ago for 2 weeks, you wanna come for free food and booze?" it's nuts i tells ye, nuts. but pretty deadly!

I bought a Jews Harp at lunch, I sitting in me office trying to learn how to play it all afternoon.... I can't play it.

Anyone know how to play one?

Here's a pic of Snaky's new EP

fireworks9.jpg

you gotta clench it slightly between your teeth and make the cavity at the back of your mouth, just where your throat starts, bigger and smaller and breath lightly while slightly humming. seriously. boioioioioioiong!

Pantone247 said:
I bought a Jews Harp at lunch, I sitting in me office trying to learn how to play it all afternoon.... I can't play it.

hag said:
you gotta clench it slightly between your teeth and make the cavity at the back of your mouth, just where your throat starts, bigger and smaller and breath lightly while slightly humming. seriously. boioioioioioiong!
Hag's Blowjob Guide;)

sorry, i meant you gotta stick it up your arse. wanna have some jew sex? :p

Pantone247 said:

hag said:

well I got something slightly more musical out of it that time

but it still sounds like somebody twonging a coat hanger

*twong* *twong* *twong*

are you able to play?

(inner monologue) shit, I can't possibly come back from Pants's goolywog post

what will I do

a silly picture! that always works

here's Pantone, sad that he can't play the jews harp:

yeah, you need some teeth at the start, everyone has a different shaped mouth but eventually you lose the need for the teeth. yeah, i play everything. hit the spring and concentrate on making shapes inside your mouth and just let it ring out. eventually you'll find shapes which make the spring resonate. sex?

Pantone247 said:
well I got something slightly more musical out of it that time

but it still sounds like somebody twonging a coat hanger

*twong* *twong* *twong*

are you able to play?

ISHDenise said:
Having carefully considered comments made on this board, and to dispel any further confusion, I’d like to make the following points:

The editorial staff of ISH would also like to clarify that we do not view other music magazines with such contempt as has been suggested on this board, nor to we “aspire to be/usurp” any of these mainstream magazines. And for the record, we do not condone nor wish to become caught up in name-calling or other such behaviour.

Thats very interesting Denise - maybe you could explain this then... which is definitely not the first such comment that has been directed towards my magazine by a member of your association?

http://www.irismagazine.net/new_forum/viewtopic.php?t=9748

I hate to continue this topic but you guys are so full of shit. Every band in your mag is directly related to Gigsmart. You should call the magazine Gigsmartish! I actually stayed out of this thread because I didn't want to start anymore of this bullshit bitching but theres only so much crap I'm going to listen to from you... and then have one of your arsehole writers come onto our board and start slagging us off.

TESTAROSSA said:
<boingboingboingboing>
in the woods there grew a tree! and a fine fine tree was he!

cool..you just reminded me to watch the wickerman tonight..bout the special editon a couple of weeks ago and havene had time to watch it..that song the do going round the maypole is gas.

i've been listening to the soundtrack loads lately - only noticed the grossest line ever on saturday:
"a maid can milk a bull and every stroke a bucketful" or something totally sick in an "eugh that's kinda gross, it shoudln't be so nice on the ears to hear" way

anyone able to tell me much about Current 93 and Death In June (supposed nazi shit aside) - what they sound like?

in "other my opinions on magazines" related news - the new issue of mongrel is pretty weak and boring and i dunno why i bothered to buy hte new wire. bored i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back