Is Kevin Myers racist? (1 Viewer)

OK OK OK, I’ll tell ya, I don’t know much about newspapers no time for them you know how it is, no you don’t. How could you? You’re a bum. But take my word for it. I’m busy. But tell me this:

Kevin Myers, is his writing, as we say in the business, “unputdownable”? That’s what sell papers folks.

Kevin Myers, is his writing, as we say in the business, “unputdownable”? That’s what sell papers folks.
Naw. He's like the dick in your class who humiliates you and all you hold dear in front of everyone, even the teachers are laughing at you, and you're so enraged you can't put together a coherent response to his flimsy arguments until the moment has passed. Your only consolation is he has done it to everyone at one time or another, and despite their laughter no one trusts him enough to be his friend

[...and you're so enraged you can't put together a coherent response to his flimsy arguments until the moment has passed.]
esprit d'escalier or 'the wit of the staircase'

You can use that if you like!
;-)

Anyrode KM is your classic polemic hack. I think he's Hilario myself but that's mostly to do with the bow-tie, bubble-perm and clipped English accent.

Guess what Myers wrote about in today's Indo? Yep, that's right, the story on everyone's lips, even bigger than Maddie..you guessed it..the war in Europe, 1914.

There are only about 3 people in the country who have a problem with wearing a poppy, Martin MGuinness is one of them. Yet every year Myers gets about 10 columns out of the Great War and Irishmen who died in it. And he always makes this big drama as if everyone disagrees with him on the subject.

Guess what Myers wrote about in today's Indo? Yep, that's right, the story on everyone's lips, even bigger than Maddie..you guessed it..the war in Europe, 1914.

I reckon the shit might really go down if Franz Ferdinand makes that proposed trip to the Balkans. Hard to guarantee his safety there. Not that I'd shed a tear at his demise, he is half a Jerry after all.

There are only about 3 people in the country who have a problem with wearing a poppy, Martin MGuinness is one of them. Yet every year Myers gets about 10 columns out of the Great War and Irishmen who died in it. And he always makes this big drama as if everyone disagrees with him on the subject.

Totally agree with you there. He can't let go of his pet-pig.

I'm not into all this remembering the dead shit anyway, regardless of when/where/how. It's the same nationalistic virus in people, idealising the past, whatever way the strain is injected. Marching behind a drum on July 12th, wearing a poppy on November 11, wearing a lily on Easter Monday. It's all symptomatic of the dangerous game of over-idealising the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back