Is Kevin Myers racist? (1 Viewer)

Da fuck? Interestingly, he's solely quoted areas of muslim immigration here. But that paragraph above, its total National Front shit...fare thee well enniskillen and Erin's green isle indeed......I would actually like to see Myers write an article in which he articulates his vision of this wonderful, socially cohesive, paradisical green isle which he's afraid will be lost to the invading hordes from the east and south...was it Dev's Ireland? was it the economically stagnant Ireland of the 70's and 80's? torn by sectarian strife in one corner and all-pervasive pessimism and immigration? was it the Ireland of the 1900's, bleeding with famine and rebellion while a tiny elite enjoyed an imperialist lifestyle? (I suspect this it was)..whatever it is, tell us, and then we can see what we stand to lose to the immigrants diluting it.

It would also help his argument if he wrote this vision statement as gaeilge.

Kevin Myers aint that bad, he just has a bad way about him, it's surprising that he brought none of his Times readers with him, they are still buying the Times. Shamer they gave him 200 a year before they found that out

my favourite myers moment was on challenging times when the camera switched back to him - obviously earlier than he expected, for it caught him in the act of picking his nose.

.whatever it is, tell us, and then we can see what we stand to lose to the immigrants diluting it.

I agree his dreamy notion of Irishness is silly and really does devalue his whole argument. But I still wouldn't go as far as to agree with the notion that multiculturalism is automatically to be welcomed.

What do we really mean when we talk about embracing other cultures? For example can we really say we would be a better place for adding a dash of the misogyny you find in most arab countries?

If you are part of, or care about a certain social scene in Dublin thenit's great as a sort of private parish newsletter.

It also boasts more Glenda per issue than any other leading newspaper.

i was goin through a phase there of thinkin it was alright, sur look at the size of the fucker, five times the size of the times, way more news, but fuckin hell, i think it's shit at the moment.

ah no i was half joking. i don't know these days as I can buy paddy papers over here for some reason???

maybe because i'm not looking hard enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back