Is it time to panic yet? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I've been hearing stories from people about them opening up bank accounts abroad in non-Euro currencies in case the whole thing goes belly up.

On the flipside of that if you walked into the Pavillions shopping centre in Swords today you'd be hardpressed to realise there was an economic crisis at all at all.

Liffey Valley was packed too. Granted people were exchanging livestock and cereals for products but...

Some lad on the radio was saying that it wasnt only eurozone banks that are at risk from all this whatever-it-is stuff thats going on so you'd probably want to put some thought into your choice of foreign bank. Personally I'm not overly concerned about it. The good thing about failing to make any kind of success of myself during the boom times is that I had nothing to loose when it all went tits up and thats how it remains.

they're talking about a new lisbon treaty. this will involve a referendum in ireland to be able to be ratified europe-wide.
they will probably have to offer ireland a gold-plated greek island for everyone in the country to get the referendum to pass here.

It's very possible the euro won't exist this time next year. Germany have to pay up. Of all nations in the eurozone, Germany have benefited the most. There is an absurd situation where the periphery countries can't devalue and boost exports but somehow have to dramatically improve their economy. Germany are being stupidly belligerent.

On the flipside of that if you walked into the Pavillions shopping centre in Swords today you'd be hardpressed to realise there was an economic crisis at all at all.

Probably all public servants. I see what everyone gets paid in my department. The majority make a fucking fortune. Not me, mind you. Anyway, like the way the celtic tiger did nothing for a lot of people so the recession has hardly effected plenty. Still a huge amount of money out there, as far as I can see. I was up in Dundrum last week. I felt rich just walking around the place.

fuck it lads, lifes too short to worry. If it happens it happens, and if it does we'll all just start little villages, grow our own food, attack our neighbouring villages to rob their food and women, and life will be grand.

If we have to resort to making toast on a superser..I can live with that

fuck it lads, lifes too short to worry. If it happens it happens, and if it does we'll all just start little villages, grow our own food, attack our neighbouring villages to rob their food and women, and life will be grand.
Finally Riath's time to shine!

Enda Kenny is scheduled to announce the official start of TIME TO PANIC after the news tonight on RTE ONE.

I cant get RTE ONE in Portarlington.So I'm golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back