Is it time to panic yet? (2 Viewers)

I've about 4 jumpers on.

NO FUCKING PROBLEMO!

Remember... the money hasn't actually disappeared. The rich are getting richer. Sharpen the pikes lads, sharpen the pikes.

I am considering trying to masturbate to Enda Kennys voice during the announcement

Make a memory y'know.

But I cant get terrestrial tv in my gaf, the walls are too thick.

all public service salary scales are public. not many "fucking fortunes" being made.

Even more fun if you're tied to public service salary scales, pension levy and all the crap that goes with it, with none of the benefits, because you're not actually public service!

You're all welcome to stay with me.

I have a fold out bed in the front room.

From the response it looks like things could get pretty cosy...

I got fed up after about 3 minutes and switched over to the american football.

did the wooden prick even attempt to crack a joke at any stage? Leave 'em laughing, soften the blow, etc.

or I'd even settle for some dancing girls

eh, yeah it has. that's the bleedin' problem.

If I borrowed half a million quid from the bank & bought a field off farmer Joe with the intention of building 100 houses on it, but the arse falls out of the property market, the money hasn't disappeared.

the money you owe the bank essentially does not exist. there is nothing to back it up. but you still owe them. that's the problem.

If I borrowed half a million quid from the bank & bought a field off farmer Joe with the intention of building 100 houses on it, but the arse falls out of the property market, the money hasn't disappeared.

But the bank know the odds of you now finding the 500K to repay the loan are negligible seeing as you owe similar amounts to 3 other banks and the property market has crashed. So you have 2M of loans on property that nobody wants - so the bank hunt you down as much as possible but in the mean time have taken a provision in their accounts for the probable loss.

I guess strictly speaking someone still has an asset and someone else has a liability - but when all the money is magicked into existance by leverage and the system collapses - someone somewhere is not getting repaid and the money has essentially vanished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back