Is it time to panic yet? (3 Viewers)

Farmer Joe probably had to sell the land to pay off the mortgage he had to take out to pay the inheritance tax on the year-on-year lossmaking millstone of a business that his loving parents lumbered him with when they died. Or to pay the solicitors and accountants he needs to hire in order to figure out all the forms that have to be filled in.

Either way, the banks win. They repeatedly lend money that didn't exist in the first place and get paid to do so. And we poor saps invest in them too, buying shares in a fantasy so they can pay their top execs rediculous salaries and give them huge severance packages and pensions.

We're saps.

Farmer Joe probably had to sell the land to pay off the mortgage he had to take out to pay the inheritance tax on the year-on-year lossmaking millstone of a business that his loving parents lumbered him with when they died. Or to pay the solicitors and accountants he needs to hire in order to figure out all the forms that have to be filled in.

Either way, the banks win. They repeatedly lend money that didn't exist in the first place and get paid to do so. And we poor saps invest in them too, buying shares in a fantasy so they can pay their top execs rediculous salaries and give them huge severance packages and pensions.

We're saps.

DEATH TO THE SPECULATORS!!

And there you have what is wrong with capitalism in a nutshell.

Speculators!

Hot Potato on a global scale, somebody gets burned, and it's never the people who deserve to.

WWscalping1.jpg

LETS GO

I have been speculating about the imminent rise in booze and petrol/diesel prices.

I am now the proud owner of three trays of beer, a bottle of Bailey’s and a bottle of Hennesy. The car now has more Diesel in it than the owner’s manual says it will take (Dirty fucking cheating Petrol stations- that’s a different story entirely.)

On the Euro front, As long as everything doesn't go tits up in the first week after payday I'll be grand. I am flat broke the other three weeks of the month. Blood from a stone and all that.

On the plus side the difference between punts and pints is only one letter.

I hope they lash the gargle and smokes out of it.And freeze the price of biscuits.

Thanks to a great haul on the burtday I'm sorted for vintage whiskey from now until the year dot, or 2012 anyway, or the 15th of Dec. 2011 anyway.

Alright then I'm sold.I'm gonna knock the biccies on the head too so.

They make it harder to maintain ripped abs anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back