Road Records is closing down on Saturday 24th July........Sorry ! (1 Viewer)

Just wanted to record my sadness at this too. Dublin will indeed be much impoverished by the loss of Road; no other record shop came close to it in terms of supporting independant Irish music. Had a great time in there last Record Store Day and really felt that a corner had been turned. Best of luck Dave, Julie, Dylan and Gib.

Two fingers to you iPod owners by the way.

will be in on friday and hoping there is sumthing left on the shelves! looking for the rednecks new one on vinyl and a few other bits and bobs!

was in there yesterday. there's not a huge pile of stock left but I still managed to pick up some deadly stuff all the same. That marvin's revolt album is deadly.

Also just wanted to say good luck to dave, julie, dylan and gib on whatever they get up to in the future

Its a shame, it was a great shop, I think they would have survived and prospered when the internet/downloading got popular if they'd moved somewhere just a bit more central with more passing/casual trade, like where City Discs are now, Fade St was just a bit off the radar for people to wander in randomly and buy music. Good luck to all the staff in whatever they do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back