Irish players on the move (4 Viewers)

He was good for half a season, utter crap last year. Now I'm mostly going on what I've read obviously, but he didn't seem the best in the few games I got to last season.

He's OK, but a million for a championship level left back? Yes please.

But I thought you guys were the richest club in the world?? 1m is surely just another ivory backscratcher for Flavio...

Yes, no harm moving Delaney on. He was ok under De Canio, who pretty much let him do what he wanted in terms of being totally out of position and staying around the penalty box. But Dowie and Sousa would have been more defensively minded and expected him to be in position and he was less confident going forward and gave the ball away most of the time. That said, anytime I've seen him play for QPR or Ireland he has been competent in terms of breaking up attacks etc. We had one of the best defences in that league last year (the shame) and he was a regular. He's just not at the standard and is in no way worth a million.

Finnan on his way to Portsmouth it would seem after Espanyol have released him from the last year on his contract.
I suppose it's not too bad.

Pretty disappointing about Finnan.. I read somewhere a few weeks that he was planning on staying out there and giving it a good go this season, obviously not working out for him.

Jamie McCarthy joined Wigan, apparently because they've promised him a regular shot at the first team.. hope he turns out the be the hot prospect he's been touted as!

Denis Behan - Cork to Hartlepool
Colin Healy - Cork to Ipswich
Paddy Kavanagh - Bray to Shamrock Rovers
Shane Clarke - Limerick FC to Janesboro

Denis Behan - Cork to Hartlepool
Colin Healy - Cork to Ipswich
Paddy Kavanagh - Bray to Shamrock Rovers
Shane Clarke - Limerick FC to Janesboro

Sure you might as well list Killer Kilbane's brother's move to Burscough at this rate.

Finnan signs 1 year deal with Portsmouth, who are now after perennial Thumped favourite Stephen Hunt also.

stephen hunt on the way to hull. so good chance he will be playing against reading next year

edit - nofriendo got there first!

I don't think they're the dead certs for relegation that a lot of people have them down for but it's a long way from the Everton move he was supposedly linked with last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back