Irish players on the move (1 Viewer)

i don't think cox will be good enough for a big game, like russia or germany. he hardly plays at premier league level, and he's fairly slow. great technique though, but without the movement to upset a really organised defence.

Have we been playing him out of position for Ireland? I get the impression that he's been playing in the hole at WBA.

When did Ireland last have this many (fairly decent) strikers to choose from?

I was thinking that myself when Cox came on the scene in May.
The answer I think is 'never'.
We've no greats at the moment (here's hoping with Long) but never before have we had so many solid strikers to draw from. And then there's Stokes (who'll never play for Ireland now cos he's another mentaller), Sheridan, Keogh, Hunt. That makes 11 in my book.
Hopefully Obi Won pushes off to Wigan and Long-Cox becomes a club fixture.
PS - Hector, Best is sixth tops for Ireland and rightfully so.

Conor Sammon at Wigan too.. Yeah we don't exactly have any lethal finishers, mostly the awkward physical types that throw themselves about. I think Cox is worth a spot because he's a slightly different type of player from Long, Doyle, Best etc. David Connolly who I didn't realise was still playing has scored in all 3 of Southampton's games so far to put them top of the Championship - BRING HIM BACK TRAP. (Not really, fair play though).

ah here, i wasn't saying that caleb was all that, all i'm saying is that he was in the squad and his international exile coincided with his moving to the mericas for his footy. there's no way in hell trap would be bothered checking out his struts while he's playing over there. will he check on robbie? or is he just going to call him up regardless. and what of the close season in the usa. march? will he get a loan in the prem? i mean, he can't even now. basically, is robbie finished?

I was responding to your rating of Best over Cox and Walters, not Folan, but yeah I reckon he'll call Robbie up regardless of form in the US as he knows what he's capable of for Ireland still.

Robbie takes LA

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was responding to your rating of Best over Cox and Walters, not Folan, but yeah I reckon he'll call Robbie up regardless of form in the US as he knows what he's capable of for Ireland still.
Jays i wasn't saying leon is all that either. just so far, i've not been blown away by cocks or walters. with doyle and long in front of him, i don't see walters getting a game anyway.

Robbie takes LA

Gotta love the lad with the Ivory Coast flag in that first video there

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back