Irish Ferries Protest Meet Up Friday (1 Viewer)

Shorty

writing at n-1 dimensions
People are meeting up at 1 at disco disco on parnell square west before the march on friday, for anyone that's interested or going along to it.

They? Depends on who "they" is. Do you blame Irish Ferries for kicking their workforce out in favour of cheap labour or that same workforce for trying to stand up for themselves?

Why do a band need a boat to do a UK tour? Last I heard, the UK was traversible by road or have they brought the roads in and stored them in a big warehouse craggy island style?

dregin said:
Why do a band need a boat to do a UK tour? Last I heard, the UK was traversible by road or have they brought the roads in and stored them in a big warehouse craggy island style?

Eh? Although I can accept that you might not accept Northern Ireland as part of the UK, I find it hard to believe that the Orkneys and the Shetland Isles are actually connected by road to the rest of the UK.

I agree they are being fucked around and they have the right to stand up for themselves. But at the same time they are getting fucked around, they are fucking around with other peoples shit too.

bombidol said:
I agree they are being fucked around and they have the right to stand up for themselves. But at the same time they are getting fucked around, they are fucking around with other peoples shit too.

But they wouldnt have to fuck around with other peoples shit too if Irish Ferries got their act together which is the source on the problem.

Definatly but at the same time you are dealing with a large company. And large companys are usually owned by a load of nameless investors sitting on a beach somewhere who's only objective in life is to make money for themselves and for the people sponsering them. Its a bitch, but its the way it is.
I dont agree with people being made redundant because of wage percentages because in all actuallity they can probably do their job better than the mass of lower paid workers that are being brought in to replace them. Who it will cost a shit load to train and get them to a similar level of experience as they workers they replaced.
I have no idea who they are bringing in to replace them but as shit as it is, its the way big business's work. It doesnt have to work like that but its the tried and tested corporate way.

glen said:
Fuck ferries - teleportation is the future. It's inevitable.

They tried that out a few years ago.
Didnt go as well as expected.
Fly3.jpg

bombidol said:
For or against the strike? They fucked up The Lobotomies UK tour yesterday. the lads had to cancel the entire thing at the last minute
For the Strike of course,jeez
If Irish Ferries get away with this the other companies that are watching will also go the same way, sacking Irish workers to import cheap foreign labour.

bombidol said:
No they are not, they can't be God and worry about all the knock on effects, sure even God did'nt handle knock on effects in this world !ninjaaaa

Someone gave me Neg rep. I didnt know there was a bleeding strike till monday when the lobs rang me. I've been having an Alan Partridge few weeks, I havent a fucking clue whats happening in the world around me. Its all the Chewits ive been eating

Im partial to the fruit salad ones. Though the extra sour ones are nice too. But all in all you can beat the strawberry. they are the heroin of sweets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back