Ireland vs Macedonia (1 Viewer)

Yes, I think if we beat everyone else then we'll top the group. That's some winning analysis!!
The Guardian are saying that Trap is thinking of deploying McCarthy up front. Guff, surely?

That's not what I said. I said that up until the weekend we had to win all our games to get second place and now we can go to Russia to compete for top spot. You've missed the point again.

Team for Uruguay game announced, Trap's trying out a 4-2-3-1 formation which should be interesting:

-------Westwood
Foley-O'Dea-Clark-Kelly
------Green-Fahey
Lawrence-McCarthy-Keogh
---------Long

Subs: Forde, Randolph, Wilson, Whelan, Gibson, McGeady, Treacy

The presence of Keogh and Green aside (swap for Treacy and Wilson please), I think that could work quite well..

Green? Hmm. You can really earn Traps favour with a few mildly heroic perfomances in meaningless friendlies.
Great to see Fahey in midfield. Does James McCarthy actually play up nearer the striker for Wigan or in the middle of the park? I never fucking watch Wigan, they're gash you see.

Green? Hmm. You can really earn Traps favour with a few mildly heroic perfomances in meaningless friendlies.
Great to see Fahey in midfield. Does James McCarthy actually play up nearer the striker for Wigan or in the middle of the park? I never fucking watch Wigan, they're gash you see.

I think these days they're playing with 3 in midfield with him as the most advanced one, so yes, probably.

That's a real shame Suarez is out injured. Although O'Dea and Kelly will have their hands full with Forlan and Cavani. The latter has scored 22 goals in 28 appearances this season for Napoli and is great in the air. He bagged this nice headed hat-trick against Juventus back in January.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let's forget this Macedonia shite. IRELAND 10 - URGAY 0!!! LET'S ALL ABUSE SUAREZ AND CALL HIM A FILTHY BASTARD FOR THAT HANDBALL!!!

No lets laud him with praise for being one of the best players in that tournament and for doing what we all would have done in the same circumstance.

And of course he's not playing no one is fucking playing.

Edit apparently Forlan and a few from the world cup are playing, shite I gave my ticket to my sister cos I thought it'd be the same old rubbish.

No lets laud him with praise for being one of the best players in that tournament and for doing what we all would have done in the same circumstance.

And of course he's not playing no one is fucking playing.

Edit apparently Forlan and a few from the world cup are playing, shite I gave my ticket to my sister cos I thought it'd be the same old rubbish.

Saw this reported as the Uruguay team for tonight's game: Muslera; Fucile, Godín, Lugano, Cáceres; M Pereira, Pérez, A Pereira; Cavani, Forlán, Hernández.

That's pretty much a full strength team apart from Suarez's absence with all of those players, excepting Hernandez who is a 20-year-old with bags of promise, having played in the World Cup.

Can't believe we got beat by a bunch of gays

Fahey, Long, Lawrence all had good games. Lawrence was really solid, have to say on that performance that he's unlucky we have two really good wingers ahead of him in the first team. If he had any pace at all, he'd surely play more competitive games, and even at that I'd rather see him than McGeady when we have to go to the likes of Macedonia in the Summer. At least Lawrence can cross the fucking ball.
Defence was a bloody shambles, but then with 4 lads who have never played together before against that Uruguay strike force, it's not unexpected. Westwood was good actually, nice to see we have good cover for Given. Long surely must start against Macedonia too, he did really well in tonight.

Greene was fucking awful. Worse than fucking Gibson at the weekend. Bollocks like. Surely the first choice midfield MUST be a combination of Whelan, Fahey, and McCarthy now!
Keogh was fairly shite as well, that fucking sitter too, ugh.

Trap's translator had a great night as well

Just saw some of the highlights. Forgot how much I admire the Uruguayan midfield. Giles or Dunphy said they hunt the ball in packs during the world cup and it was spot on they really remind me of Spain in that way I also like the every player always wants to move the ball forward quickly but patiently I think one of them is called Perrera? he's top notch.

If only we had the same ethics in the opposition half, Corm seems to have hit all the nails that needed hitting there. McCarthy really didn't do much though did he ? I didn't see all of it. Whelan McCarthy Fahey midfield with McGeady and Duff pushed forward a bit might be okay since with either Long or Keane alone up front there'll be no real point crossing the ball against the Mac because they're all fucking giants meaning McGeady won't have to hit the first man all night and if he does come inside He might (whisper it) have some support from midfield. Over all what I saw of it was reasonably good and at times came close to looking like actual football. I could be wrong it was highlights.

long: excellent.
clarke: non existent.
mccrthy: struggled.
green: disgrace
fahey: has to start
lawrence: solid.
the rest, pretty much as you'd expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back