IRELAND VS ESTONIA!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jar of Aids is the only solution.
Are the aids in a solution? Or are they just floating around in the air within the jar?

Also if anyone has a spare ticket going let me know. I would literally suck a dick to get one. And suck another one to get in the team.

McGeady was okay the other night and fair enough he's done nothing to lose his place in the side but Hunt ahead of Coleman is a disgrace.

As for Whelan he does all the tough work in midfield. He's Stoke through and through a little bit dirty too so I'd have him in there for that alone. He'd look a btter player with Fahey beside him instead of Andrews.

Hunt ahead of Coleman is hardly a disgrace. Hunt has consistently done the job for Ireland when called upon, and like I said Coleman is not yet a proven force for Ireland. That's what friendlies are for.
Also, I'm assuming Hunt will start on the left in place of McGeady, sticking to the inswinging wingers format, or is Duff going to switch over to his preferred side? If its business as usual then Hunt would surely seem the natural choice, as Coleman has never played LM from what I'm aware?

PS - maybe a McGeady for Hunt and Coleman for Duff swap at half time if things are ticketty-boo?

Hunt ahead of Coleman is hardly a disgrace. Hunt has consistently done the job for Ireland when called upon, and like I said Coleman is not yet a proven force for Ireland. That's what friendlies are for.

True but I'm really not certain what I think about Trap's attitudes to players. On the one hand I think he is right to dismiss Andy Reid or Ireland if he feels they are not mentally committed or will listen to him, on the other he ought to bear in mind players that are playing well in the Premier League and give them their chance like Walters. So I wouldn't be that bothered about McCarthy given he has yet to really show anything but Coleman's exclusion is worrying given he shows up for friendlies and is playing well. It might take a bit of time really.

Coleman's exclusion is worrying given he shows up for friendlies and is playing well. It might take a bit of time really.

As the posts above say, his exclusion is logical because McGeady and Duff are rightly first choice and Hunt is rightly first sub as he has done the job for longer than Coleman has been on the scene, does it well, and Coleman is not the level of player yet that would dislodge him on merit.
I think people listen to Everton/anti-Trap bluffers without having watched Coleman that closely!

As the posts above say, his exclusion is logical because McGeady and Duff are rightly first choice and Hunt is rightly first sub as he has done the job for longer than Coleman has been on the scene, does it well, and Coleman is not the level of player yet that would dislodge him on merit.
I think people listen to Everton/anti-Trap bluffers without having watched Coleman that closely!

He's had a bit of a second season dip hasn't he?

Yep. Sure only six months ago people thought James McCarthy was the messiah - now he can barely get a game for Wigan (I know he was injured) and to be honest will be lucky to get a place in the squad for the Euros. If David Meyler stays fit for Sunderland McCarthy could still be yesterday's news.

He's just come back from injury and his form isn't there yet, he says.
Guardian Oct 28th:
His second full season as a Premier League player has not commenced so well, however – a dreadful challenge in a pre-season friendly against Villarreal ruled him out for the first month and his form is yet to recover fully, although there were clear signs of improvement when he came on as a substitute in the Carling Cup loss to Chelsea on Wednesday.

"I got injured at the wrong time and came back quicker than I was expecting. I played a few games and I think I could have done better in them but it's a long season," he says. "This season has been harder. Teams know more about you in your second season and you have to adapt. The manager has spoken to me a few times about what I need to do and what I can add to my game. Last season was fantastic for me and I need to build on that now."

Ah the childish joy of looking forward to a major tournament, I missed ye.

http://mydraw.info/

The draw is going to be interesting. Such wildly divergent outcomes possible. Spain-Germany-Portugal-France potentially. Or Ukraine-Russia-Sweden-Us.
Basically, all you want is Ukraine or Poland as top seeds in the group, ideally avoid Germany in Pot 2, and you're laughing.
That said, we'll probably get 2 manky draws and a narrow defeat regardless of the group we're in.

If we come up against a team like Russia we'd be doing well to get a manky draw or a narrow defeat. I'm as happy as anyone about qualifying but people do seem to be overlooking the fact that Russia absolutely tore us asunder twice in that campaign and we were unable to beat Slovakia, a poor enough side. Unless we get the plum draw I'm not optimistic of us getting many or any points.

If we come up against a team like Russia we'd be doing well to get a manky draw or a narrow defeat. I'm as happy as anyone about qualifying but people do seem to be overlooking the fact that Russia absolutely tore us asunder twice in that campaign and we were unable to beat Slovakia, a poor enough side. Unless we get the plum draw I'm not optimistic of us getting many or any points.

Ah here, save that kinda stuff for the harsh months ahead when Richie Dunne, Robbie Keane and, eh, Aiden McGeady all have niggling injuries and we lose a friendly 5-0 to England.

Jesus that was a shite game. Well done lads. Please let us draw Poland (better than Ukraine probably but that's a fucking nightmare logistically, less hotel beds and thus more expensive and if drawn in group C fans face at least one 1,000km journey between cities), England and Greece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back