Ireland - Deutschland (1 Viewer)

Are you seriously asking "Does anyone think that Trappitoni will bring in these 2 players for the poland/greece games instead of using the same old total shite he's been using for the past 6 years?"

seems like it yes.

they were called up for oman so why not these two games. we know what ya get with andrews, whelan and green so why not??

also we gettin our asses handed to us so far, the 3 in midfield way too deep and cox just seemingly givin the ball away or a backward pass! o'shea shouldve seen red too.

will he stick with 4-3-3 but bring on long for cox?

I was only able to follow this on text updates, we seemed to be doing okay for 30 minutes. I think the Euros totally desensitized me to Ireland being shit, I was glum at 2-0 down but just laughed when the 6th one went in. That's our worst home defeat in 80 years apparently. No matter what it costs, can the FAI afford not to sack Trap at this stage? We'll be lucky to have 10 or 15,000 turning up for the Sweden and Austria games.

That cunt was actually trying to defend Trap in some way. Like "It's just because Germany are so good." Fuckwit.

Well he warmed to it later in the analysis,initially he looked shell-shocked and couldn't muster a decent defence of Trap.Most likely cause there is none,he needs to go and the sooner the better.

Obviously we're likely past the point of no return with Trap, and there are longstanding issues with how he's set up the team however was he really to blame last night for

1. O'Shea's awful defensive header to Kroos
2. O'Dea's stupid tackle in the box
3. O'Dea missing the point where he could maybe slide to block Klose's goal
4. McCarthy standing off Kroos like he was letting someone come onto a main road from a minor one at a junction

At least 3 of those are stupid individual errors that any player should be embarrassed to have commited. Perhaps if they're because of an air of complacency and not being into it because they're sick of the manager they're Trap's fault to some degree but the shitness of the players also has to be a factor discussed.

You could blame it on the players if this was a one-off nightmare, but we had the same series of sloppy mistakes, in some cases from better players, in all 3 games at the Euros.. For a guy who constantly bangs on about 'men-tal-i-tee' there is obviously a major problem with morale and concentration levels. It should be possible to organize even a very limited side containing the likes of O'Dea and Ward so that we don't concede double the number of goals that the Faroes did or 3 times as many as Austria last month. Trap's been somewhat unlucky that we've played 4 of the best teams in the world in a short space of time but we've barely risen above the level of abject in any of those games. We might beat the Faroes on Tuesday and drag the mess on until next March but it doesn't feel like a situation that's ever going to improve at this point.

Was at the match and it was absolutely laughable.

Firstly Richie sorry but i don't see it as being unlucky playing those teams, you want to be playing those sorts of teams. Roy Keane and that era so to speak of would have been fucking giddy at the idea of playing Spain, Germany and Italy. We looked like it was a chore last night.

The fact is that any team who does their homework can now beat us and it's so easy to see how it's ridiculous. We drop off into 2 banks of 4 or last night 10 men behind the ball, we don't press up the pitch, we just retreat. Scwienstiger dropped deep (and by deep I mean 15 yards inside our fucking half) and found an ocean of space constantly, Rues and Ozil dropped off into space between the defense and midfield and found another ocean of space and those three ran the game, no one got tight, no one pressed, we marked space instead of players and we've been doing this for the entirity of Traps time in charge. Nicholas Anelka did exactly the same thing at Croker and he ran the show for 25 minutes after half time and we learned nothing from it. And that was what 4 fucking years ago ? It's so simple it's actually embarrassing.

Last night was like watching the past take on the present. It was like

this
220px-John_L._Sullivan_1898.jpg
Versus this
mike_tyson2.jpg

Like Inter Milan 1960 vs Ajax 1970.

The game is changing, for the better, maybe, but definitely changing after Khedera (who had a nightmare last night) came off they played 2 at the back 2 wing backs one holding/playmaker in midfield one up front and 4 players who could basically go where ever they wanted. I'm not saying this hasn't been done before like I said Ajax did it in the 70s so did Brazil to an extent but it's very very common now.
Real play this way, Barcelona (when Villa plays) play this way, Bayern play it too, Even Italy who haven't changed the way they approach football since 1930 have started to adopt this system, though who knows what they'll do when Pirlo retires, and it's great to watch. It's what the kids should be learning now.

What's more there are ways to play against it. Watch Athletico Madrid when they play the top two this season I'm tipping them to cause some upsets this year, best "new school" of counter attacking I've seen since Napoli played Bayern in the CL last season.

Trap is fucking a dinosaur.

If the Faroe Islands watch DVDs of our performances so far and have one player who can pass it well they could beat us that's actually where we are at the moment. The system is out dated and we're piss poor at the back. No one wants the ball, Last night Fahey, Coleman and McCarthy were the only ones who didn't consistantly panic the minute they got within 5 yards of the fucking ball, that's how bad it was and you couldn't even say any of them played at all well or even approaching the standard that they should be at. And what's worse is that Germany didn't even play all that well. Up until they got the third goal they were sloppy in possession under fuck all pressure. That's how fucking bad we were.

To be honest I'm only writing all this to be philosophical about it and get it off my chest. I'm sure all of this was as obvious on TV as it was from my seats. To be honest I actually had a great time at the match last night. I had a sore chest from laughing at the second half especially since every time we touched the ball my sister broke into this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And I remembered to bring 2 hip flasks of Jameson there was no fucking way i was watching that sober.

Not going to watch the match on tuesday because I'll be on a plane I can only imagine how awful it's going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back