I'm still the pope (1 Viewer)

wouldn't it be funny if he got into a vegetative coma for 15 years. would he still be the Pope?

Ciaran Mackle said:
wouldn't it be funny if he got into a vegetative coma for 15 years. would he still be the Pope?

that would be funny ciaran! good question too. i'll ask the experts.

the experts say the pope has never been afflicted like that in the past two thousand years. indeed, the technology to keep people alive in such circumstances is relatively new. there is no official procedure in place. there are steps that can be taken if a pope is deemed unfit to perform his papal duties, but no pope would be appointed until the pope is dead. a fifteen year coma?
good question ciaran.

but honestly, he's gonna kick it.

muertos vivientes! said:

the experts say the pope has never been afflicted like that in the past two thousand years. indeed, the technology to keep people alive in such circumstances is relatively new. there is no official procedure in place. there are steps that can be taken if a pope is deemed unfit to perform his papal duties, but no pope would be appointed until the pope is dead. a fifteen year coma?
good question ciaran.

You seem waaaaaaaaaaaay to happy about this :p

What I really love is the way that Catholics are so fuckin por-life and talk all this shite about going when God calls you but yet the Pope has recieved all the medical treatment he can.

Technically, can't the Pope step down by his own accord? He's still lucid, and I imagine provisions have been made for the possibility that he may end up on life support. If they don't pick a new pope until he dies, then it's not because they forgot to ask him, it's deliberate. Anyway, the Pope's had his understudy doing all the services and suchlike for a week or so.

muertos vivientes! said:

good question ciaran.

He can step down of his own accord, but didn't he say that he'd never step down and that they're to do everything they can to keep him alive?

For a dude that in touch with God, he's fierce scared of dying. What does he know that we don't?

They should make this guy the new Pope:

Ron11.jpg

or this guy:

joseph-smith.jpg

do they still do that thing of sending out different smoke signals when theyre picking el nouveau papo?
exciting times ahead eh?

lmd64 said:
your bad.

The pope still lives!
And he rules the dance floor!
Along with that happy-go-lucky chappy, Father Neil Horan!

it's a flash moovie, no sound, SFW, etc, etc.

edit: the pic is a linky pic. click the linky pic.

you need help. spiritual help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back