I'm still the pope (5 Viewers)

Oh man, did anyone see the video of the Pope being attacked by two doves? It was the funniest shit, and Sky News were running it on a loop for a half an hour.

Amazing stuff. Nothing like seeing an old man with no control over his tongue being scared of a little bird.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/popeJoan.html

As it says here, not too sure if there's ever been a definite answer as to whether she was real or not...I know the feminax heads round these parts will want to claim she existed...

...yeah....

...they'll want to claim that a woman was a member of the church, with their chauvinism and pedrophilia and whatnot...um, maybe not

Tis great (if, like me, revealing oneself to be massively delusional is your idea of fun) havin your name at the end of this thread when yer on the main page. Twould be better if there was an exclaimation mark at the end of the thread title tho.

Papal blessing for break-dancers

Monday, January 26, 2004 Posted: 8:32 AM EST (1332 GMT)

1.gif
story.pope.dancer.2.jpg
Pope: "Artistic talent is a gift from God."​

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- In an unusual spectacle at the Vatican, Pope John Paul II presided over a performance of break-dancers who leaped, flipped and spun their bodies to beats from a tinny boom box.

The 83-year-old pontiff seemed to approve, waving his hand after each dancer completed a move, then applauding for the entire group. He watched the performance from a raised throne.

"Fer dess creyattiff heard verk I bliss you frem may hurt," he said.

During Sunday's show, one dancer -- part of a Polish group that helps poor and marginalized youths -- planted his head on the inlaid marble floor of the Vatican hall and spun to loud applause from his group and from Vatican officials.

Another performer flung his body around in a series of spins and handstands.

"Ertustic tellent ess a geft frem Gid end hoo-effer diskeffers et en hamsilf hez a sirten ublegeshen: to knaw thet heh cinnit wast dess tellent, baht mast deffelip hit," John Paul said.

Earlier Sunday, members of an Italian Catholic youth organization enthusiastically cheered the pope's weekly remarks in St. Peter's Square. A few were invited into his papal apartment and helped him release doves from his window.

The pope, who suffers numerous ailments but appeared relatively strong Sunday, called out to the other children cheering below his window.

"I laff you ell. I laff you vary mooch," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/01/26/pope.breakdancers.ap/

THRILLHO said:
Oh man, did anyone see the video of the Pope being attacked by two doves? It was the funniest shit, and Sky News were running it on a loop for a half an hour.

if you can find this online, i'll cream myself.

anyone up for a session if he croaks it? we can have a few tinners at the bottom of that bloody giant cross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back