i'm afeared of going home ... (1 Viewer)

one of our cats has been catching/playing with/killing a mouse per day over the last couple of weeks...they must have decided to come indoors due to the cold snap we're having over here....i just usually find em dead in the hallway, pick em up by the tail (using a tissue) and toss them in the toilet.

Don't fool yourself into thinking humane traps are the way forward. Once, I too felt sorry for the mice. I wanted them to live. I wanted them to know I wouldn't hurt them. Friend to animals. But my new friends took and took and gave nothing in return. They were insatiable and they were growing in number. I wanted them to leave. They wouldn't. I could no longer eat. I could no longer sleep. And in this starved sleepless state, I turned on the mice. They left me with no option. I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. DEAD!

Anyway.. a scorched earth policy is the only way to rid your home of mice. I'm not proud, but I sleep at night and enjoy a home cooked meal if you know what I mean.

cripes. i'm frazzled. decided, with the courage boost of booze, to try to catch him, so i spent the night in the kitchen invigilating, crouching and staring at the space between the fridge and the washing machine, being weally quiet drinking beers. no sightings. i guess it was stoopid on review. my eyes are all bloodshot now and i've developed lower back pain. boy do i feel like a dingbat.

cripes. i'm frazzled. decided, with the courage boost of booze, to try to catch him, so i spent the night in the kitchen invigilating, crouching and staring at the space between the fridge and the washing machine, being weally quiet drinking beers. no sightings. i guess it was stoopid on review. my eyes are all bloodshot now and i've developed lower back pain. boy do i feel like a dingbat.
if your a dingbat, just eat the mouse

What were you going to catch him with? Have you any idea how fast those little shits can run? They prefer to snake around in the dark too, so unless you were using a night-cam, you were probably wasting your time.

Just get some traps and peanut butter. If you catch him/her, then you can tank yourself up on beer to dispose of the body.

Don't try to set the traps when you're locked though. Never a good idea.

When you catch one, put his head on a spike in the garden as a warning to other mice.

we had mice when we lived in Chicago. At that stage I didn't mind them too much, our landlord set some traps etc etc but one night I woke up and one of them was crawling up my fucking arm. I got such a fright that I screamed and almost knocked myself out with the bedroom door. Since then I've been terrified of the little bleeders.

We had lots of rats around one house we lived in because the shores were broken. The three cats we had at the time hated each other but used to team up for rat shenanigans. I walked into the kitchen one day and they were sitting in a triangle around a rat. They'd broken it's back and were tormenting it. I hadn't the balls to kill it so put it outside. When I looked out the window a couple of hours later the three cats were tossing it to each other like a football. It was still alive :(

Cats are evil.

We had lots of rats around one house we lived in because the shores were broken. The three cats we had at the time hated each other but used to team up for rat shenanigans. I walked into the kitchen one day and they were sitting in a triangle around a rat. They'd broken it's back and were tormenting it. I hadn't the balls to kill it so put it outside. When I looked out the window a couple of hours later the three cats were tossing it to each other like a football. It was still alive :(

Cats are evil.

they sure are. i remember when i had a cat. and once i saw him out the front garden with a mate of his and they had this cat trapped in a corner the mouse was completely unhurt. he would run left and a paw would stop him, he'd run right and a paw would stop him i watched for about 10 mins. then i went inside after about an hour a icame out again and they had taken its head off and were playing with its body-guts all over the garden. === you should get a snake that would be cool to watch it eating a mouse. put something to block it going upstairs like a piece of plastic on the stairs

When you catch one, put his head on a spike in the garden as a warning to other mice.

hehe, took your advice. got a few funny looks off the neighbours when i was erecting the spike though. also, had to get totally flutered drunk so that i could chop the head off the dead mouse. its a bit creepy like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back