i'm afeared of going home ... (2 Viewers)

smellen

because theres a mouse in my house. and he might be squished in a trap with blood all over the place when i get back. want someone else to get there before me to get rid of the little dead body. and clean the blood off the walls.

or, he might not be dead, and still standing around the kitchen scratching behind his ear like he usually persists in doing. and that just freaks the shit outa me.

i inherited traps when i moved house a few months ago and got a squished surprise. poor mouse. i never re-set them because it freaked me out, but i came up with a solution: two plastic bags, grab it and give up on reusing the trap, tie a hasty knot, run out to the nearest public bin and get rid of it. except i got freaked out to the point of sleeping with the dead mouse in my room for a night and then having a friend take pity on me and do the above for me.

haha. gas. the ominous presence of a trap was enough to send em packing! couldn't wish for a better result. everyones a winner etc. hopefully that will happen with our guy. nobody even told me about all the mouse sightings until i saw the little fella myself. he's apparantly been knocking about the house for ages.

i inherited traps when i moved house a few months ago and got a squished surprise. poor mouse. i never re-set them because it freaked me out, but i came up with a solution: two plastic bags, grab it and give up on reusing the trap, tie a hasty knot, run out to the nearest public bin and get rid of it. except i got freaked out to the point of sleeping with the dead mouse in my room for a night and then having a friend take pity on me and do the above for me.

oh god, couldn't handle that either. see thing is, when i was spying on him this morning, i thought ..oooh isn't he a cute little thing. but i just hate the scampering. makes you feel like the mouse is gonna lunge at your face or something. so i want him dead/out. well, not dead, just gone.

oh god, couldn't handle that either. see thing is, when i was spying on him this morning, i thought ..oooh isn't he a cute little thing. but i just hate the scampering. makes you feel like the mouse is gonna lunge at your face or something. so i want him dead/out. well, not dead, just gone.

he won't lunge. watch series 2 of house for the steve mcqueen scenes and make friends with him - expressing fear as "eek!" might help if he's english-speaking?

we had a mouse last week..he got stuck in the trap and my dad got rid of it..creeped us all out like no ones business..

right so. just act normal. i'm gonna go home and see what happens. will try the eeking and eeping. or there might be mouse blood, guts, eyeballs splattered all over the place. den da den den...

I had a mouse-Jane standoff about two years ago. It was awful because no matter how much I kept reminding myself that wee furry creatures are cute things that I like, that they are more afraid of us than we are of them, the little fucker scared the bejaysus out of me. I screamed like a cliche. Multiple times. Then I became completely irrational and managed to convince myself that the little beast was doing all of this very consciously, instead of the more likely choice of 'sitting where the warm is' and taking advantage of the fact that i'm a slob.

He/she took up residence in my very messy study, and I would be sitting at the desk, listening to the little prick/prickette chewing and munching right behind me. It all went wrong when I was sitting there, going, "Hm, it's awfully quiet. Maybe the mouse is gone?" And then! Then I looked up, and there was the little fucker ON THE DESK NEXT TO ME, LOOKING AT ME GOING, "That's what you think, BEEEATCH." The next 24 hours, he/she decided that the bestest place in the WHOLE house was to sit right on the keyboard of my laptop, laughing at me with his/her demented little mouse cackle that only tiny creatures can hear but which we *know* is there. 'Computer mouse' jokes aside, there wasn't much I could do until the shops opened the next day. It was undeterred by the trap.

Eventually, I got a radiosonicdoohickeysciencey 'squee' machine which doesn't really work all that well but made me feel like I was winning the war. Then the weather got nice and then last year, it wasn't so bad. I think it was getting in through a neighbour's house because not long after, there was lots of banging and hammering of things being closed up and then later some of my part of the shared wall was redone and the mouse never came back again. THE END.

In closing, sorry to hear about your mice/mouses/mouse. Delete where appropriate, I say.

Just kill the fucker.

And good luck with the plastic bag thing. He must be one sorry mouse if you can actually catch him with your bare hands.

Those ultra-sonic things don't work. They're a scam. Mice adjust to all kinds of noise. The food is more important to them.

Poison is a no-no too, as they'll just sneak off and die somewhere in agony and then stink up the gaff.

Look for where they're getting in and block the holes, bearing in mind that they can squeeze through about a centimetre gap.

Stick some traps in the hot press as they usually scurry up the pipes on their way to total domination of your home.

And when you're putting down traps, put them in a line two at a time, against the wall. When they jump over the first one, the second should get them. They might have small brains but they're clever little fuckers. That's why they use them in behavioural experiments, to see what they can remember. Like rats, who are better at that sort of thing.

Peanut butter is the best food for them. They can't resist it and it doesn't go brittle like chocolate, cheese or rasher rind, which just lets them nibble away at it, without springing the traps.

Check for droppings and sprinkle talcum powder around where you think they're traversing. You'll see their tiny little footprints. If you start to notice bits of paper or tea-towels with bits gnawed out of them, thy're probably trying to build a nest, so get rid of them before that happens or it'll be much harder to when they do.

Pipes coming into the house (such as a washing machine) are a good place to look for signs of entrance. Block up the holes if there are any with something so they can't get through.

And hope it's just the one who came in from the cold.

Look for where they're getting in and block the holes, bearing in mind that they can squeeze through about a centimetre gap.

I remember a guy in school telling me a mouse could actually squeeze though the open end of a bic pen

My ambition was to capture a mouse midway through squeezing itself through the pen.

I'd put the cap and end back on and inside would be a long stretched mouse.

It would have been great

i picked up an onion that i found in the press this evening but it was rotten and the middle had gone all dark purple and gooey and it plopped out (reminded me of a burst testicle... :eek:) and was all covered in tiny little flies. i picked it up with a bag and put it out in the bin

yurgh. hATE them little flies. i saw the mouse yesterday. cheeky as fuck. little fucker was scratching in the middle of the floor, cool as a cucumber. i shouted and he jumped a mile high and legged it. reckon we have some kinda super cheekyass mouse.

One of the lads in my house was saying they're easy to give heart attacks, so he was going around screaming at it every time it was close by. I carried a trumpet with me for a couple of days and used that too.

Have no idea if it worked. Was fun all the same. Felt like a jazz man.

The heart attack bit comes from the fact that if you hold their head underwater they just croak it. It's considered humane. But shouting at them, like rats, will only scare them away (Note: do not do this to a cornered rat - they'll go on a suicide run).

Caught one in a live trap a few weeks back, which in some ways was worse than having to clean up the bloody mess. It's tail got caught in the trap door and it was biting away at the cage to get out. I picked up the cage, put it in a bag and released it a couple of miles away. Smelly fuckers up close actually.

The heart attack bit comes from the fact that if you hold their head underwater they just croak it. It's considered humane. But shouting at them, like rats, will only scare them away (Note: do not do this to a cornered rat - they'll go on a suicide run).

I got bitten by my brother's rat and he wouldn't let go of my finger. In terrible agony, I did the first thing I could think of, which was to dip him in a nearby cup of tea. Fortunately for him it was cold, but he got an awful fright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back