I have decided, there are two kinds of people (1 Viewer)

Tea

Im drinking tea
Its good enough for me, then its good enough for you
we can have tea for two
how do you do?

But if you have to leave
then please leave, dont let me keep you
we can have tea another day
please come back and see me sometime

But if you cant sleep
and you have bad dreams
and if your bored and not feeling quite right
and it isnt going away
aint it kinda funny?
we can have tea tonight.

all this talk of tea has gotten me the goo for a cup

Niall, avid tea-drinker, milk added while tea bag still in, big time bag squasher, reminded daily how good a cup i make. Lyons by choice.

I once brought 200 Lyons tea bags away with me when living abroad and converted THREE non tea drinkers into Irish tea drinkers. Theres now a Norwegian, a Belgian and a Finn who are just dying for some lovely cups of refreshing Lyons tea.

right, tea!

Wilbert said:
Also, leaving teabags on or in the sink drives me mental! There's a bin right there!!!

my idiot sister does that. what is wrong with these people?!

Oh i think my mother also invented the tea bag bin, we have this little silver container beside the taps where the tea bags go, it gets ridiculously high before anyone empties it into the real bin,
still she should patent it or somethin, great idea

Yeah you see..my bin is nowhere near the sink. And I don't want to be dripping tea all over the floor. So I leave it until all the tea drains down the sink and THEN I put it in the bin.

barrys tea. tea bag left in til tea is drank.

lyons tea. 2 tea bags left in til tea is drank.

is drank even a word?

trev said:
barrys tea. tea bag left in til tea is drank.

lyons tea. 2 tea bags left in til tea is drank.

is drank even a word?

It is, it's the past tense of drink. The correct word in your context there would be drunk; but not in the sense of intoxicated, that would just be nonsense.

Latex lizzie said:
add one to your list. I've never even tasted the stuff. Hate the smell. My Missusdrinks buckets of it and leaves the cups all over the shop.

Huzzah! I am spartacus! (again)

Tea drinkers in my house are operatin some sort of multi-dimensional drinking gimmick. How come there's only 4 beverage drinkers in the house yet the draining board averages 20 dirty mugs/cups every day (after i've removed them from their roosting spots - tables, mantlepieces, shelves, sideboards, chair-arms, middle of floor etc..)? is there a taboo on washing the beverage holder when finished or is a fresh one always required? Is it absolutely necessary to the finished 'brew' that wet spoons be used to add sugar? would dry-spooning the sugar affekt the dissolve rate or is is the subtle taste of tea a wonderful addition to my cornflakes that i'm just not appreciating?

I have issues about this...

aoifed said:
Tea: I know people who say 'I like mine weak please'. Mmm hmm. Weak like your stupid self, I say. Why don't you just drink a mug of warm milk and get it over with.

When I worked as dishwasher in a restaurant, one of my tasks was to make tea for the chefs once or twice a night. One chef always used to say 'make mine really weak, just put the tea bag in for ten seconds, don't stir it or anything'. So one night I filled a cup with boiling water, added a drop of milk and a spoon of sugar. She drank it all up and said it was the nicest cup of tea I ever made for her.... and her supposed to be a chef with highly developed taste buds :rolleyes:

Igor said:
Huzzah! I am spartacus! (again)

Tea drinkers in my house are operatin some sort of multi-dimensional drinking gimmick. How come there's only 4 beverage drinkers in the house yet the draining board averages 20 dirty mugs/cups every day (after i've removed them from their roosting spots - tables, mantlepieces, shelves, sideboards, chair-arms, middle of floor etc..)? is there a taboo on washing the beverage holder when finished or is a fresh one always required? Is it absolutely necessary to the finished 'brew' that wet spoons be used to add sugar? would dry-spooning the sugar affekt the dissolve rate or is is the subtle taste of tea a wonderful addition to my cornflakes that i'm just not appreciating?

I have issues about this...

yeah tea drinkers and their messy messy ways! wash up you fuckers!

Buckrake said:
So one night I filled a cup with boiling water, added a drop of milk and a spoon of sugar. She drank it all up and said it was the nicest cup of tea I ever made for her.... and her supposed to be a chef with highly developed taste buds :rolleyes:

With all fairness, given your considerable presence, if you pissed in a cup and handed it to me, I would say it's the nicest cup of tea I've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back