How are Road getting on? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 154
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 13
City Centre Retail isn't as bad as everywhere else retail I can tell you.

Really? Sad days. Not much other than hogtied, pig fucked folk around these parts anymore.

I suppose this means I'll never fulfill my dream of working in a record store in Dublin.

Since this all came to light earlier in the year I haven't bought music online except for the Japanese imports that I can't get here.
Everything else I've ordered and bought local.

Since this all came to light earlier in the year I haven't bought music online except for the Japanese imports that I can't get here.

packet of peanut m&ms & a coffee for you if you ever land into Plugd.

I buy local, but I don't buy loads or anything. I shouldn't feel guilty though.

:confused:

I buy local, but I don't buy loads or anything. I shouldn't feel guilty though.

:confused:

I buy bits and pieces but I used to spend about £20 a week on music, now it would be a quarter of that, maybe less. I download like Blackbeard though. I was signed up for emusic.com but it's monthly system irritated me. I found myself racing to download music at the end of the month, ended up downloading shite.
I don't feel particularly bothered about helping HMV in Swords stay in business and it is a hassle getting to Road for me usually. I might order stuff off 'em mail order though.

I don't download anymore but at the same time I can't afford to buy. My job is hanging in the balance and I can't eat records so that part of my life is on hiatus at the moment. I'd love to be able to drop 40 quid a week on records like before but it just ain't happening. Cpr needs a new pair of everything.

i dont see why everyone should be feeling guilty and justifying the amount of records they buy - if you want them and can afford them buy them, if not then its not your fault the shops must close.

i dont see why everyone should be feeling guilty and justifying the amount of records they buy - if you want them and can afford them buy them, if not then its not your fault the shops must close.

I feel guilty about everything, from air pollution to not wearing some pairs of socks as often as I do others- to paraphrase Mark from Peep Show.

Im reading more concern than guilt. A lot of folk who cant afford music in harsher times still want their local shops to survive. If they dont survive then so be it - something will come along to take their place and life will go on but it would be a shame if it came to that especially if the new shops were built inside cages of burning childrens bones around a bridgeless lake of urine and blood and if you survived to do some shopping an endangered specie was brutally slaughtered right in front of you every time you made a purchase.

Im reading more concern than guilt. A lot of folk who cant afford music in harsher times still want their local shops to survive. If they dont survive then so be it - something will come along to take their place and life will go on but it would be a shame if it came to that especially if the new shops were built inside cages of burning childrens bones around a bridgeless lake of urine and blood and if you survived to do some shopping an endangered specie was brutally slaughtered right in front of you every time you made a purchase.

about the shops all closing in 18 months thing - do you reckon that despite all the downloading theres still enough people buying music to sustain a record shop or two if the costs of overheads came down or is the whole thing just fuckered? what sort of overheads do you mean anyway and is it realistic to expect them to come down?

Generally their prices have dropped a lot from before. Now they're a credible competitor to pretty much anyone else (online or otherwise).

Road will always be my first port of call for anything I want to buy. More than half the time they don't have what I'm looking for (mostly I'll buy stuff that enters my head from reading their mailout). I tried the ordering thing but it takes ages. I'll still do it to some degree but mostly when I want something, I'm not willing to wait too long for it. I don't think thats unreasonable.

Anyway, they still get lots of money off me. I'd imagine in general they're doing a lot better than before. If this thread is anything to go by anyway. But whether its enough for them to stay going..... I'm sure we all hope it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back