How are Road getting on? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 154
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 13
If something doesnt give soon there wont be any record shops left in the city in 18 months. City centre retail is on it's knees and Dublin music retail is on it's belly with it's arms and legs tied behind its back while the internet fucks it in the ear laughing and squealing like a pig on its birthday. Bee bop a lula.

Fuck them,let them all die slowly and painfully,they had their time...capitalist bastards....everything comes to an end.free music for all.

To be honest 18 months was a figure I plucked out of thin air on a particularly gloomy day. But rents do need to come down, major labels need to pull the finger out and start releasing music for adults that has long term shelf life that gets the average punter back into the stores which is built on the supposition that average punters actually want to get back into record shops. The music obsessives in a city can sustain a couple of small shops but the larger dedicated music stores will disappear without some sort of general populist support. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is a matter of opinion I guess.

about the shops all closing in 18 months thing - do you reckon that despite all the downloading theres still enough people buying music to sustain a record shop or two if the costs of overheads came down or is the whole thing just fuckered? what sort of overheads do you mean anyway and is it realistic to expect them to come down?

major labels need to pull the finger out and start releasing music for adults that has long term shelf life that gets the average punter back into the stores which is built on the supposition that average punters actually want to get back into record shops.

Excellent point Vincent!

I'd love to know who the 30 people were. Bono? Glen Hansard?

great story. really hope it's sustainable.
img3927.jpg

"Oh, you take the high Road and I'll take the low Road"

Is anyone else signed up to thier mailing list??

They keep repeating thier reviews in the paragraph directly under like so

Lonelady-Nerve up-The debut album on the warp label from lonelady [aka julie campbell]. Features our former single of the week intuition. The album features ten cuts of angular new wave, post punk and punk funk vibes. At times she kind of reminds me a bit of blondie jamming with talking heads with maybe just a bit more of a new wave thing going on. Its infectiously catchy at times featuring lots of choppy guitar sounds, kooky synths and somewhat funky electronic beats. Its may be a strange obscure comparison but if you remember the au pairs from way back then you may just find this album to your liking. February 2010-Cd-Warp-€12.99

Lonelady-Nerve up-The debut album on the warp label from lonelady [aka julie campbell]. Features our former single of the week intuition. The album features ten cuts of angular new wave, post punk and punk funk vibes. At times she kind of reminds me a bit of blondie jamming with talking heads with maybe just a bit more of a new wave thing going on. Its infectiously catchy at times featuring lots of choppy guitar sounds, kooky synths and somewhat funky electronic beats. Its may be a strange obscure comparison but if you remember the au pairs from way back then you may just find this album to your liking. February 2010-Lp-Warp-€13.99

Is it just my booze addled brain and virus ridden computer or is this happening to everyone?

yes - they have a listing for different issues of each release and they include a review for each (the same review in each case). Personally I don't see too much wrong with it. Most people will probably scan the titles and only hone in on the ones that specifically interest them.

Is anyone else signed up to thier mailing list??

They keep repeating thier reviews in the paragraph directly under like so

Lonelady-Nerve up-The debut album on the warp label from lonelady [aka julie campbell]. Features our former single of the week intuition. The album features ten cuts of angular new wave, post punk and punk funk vibes. At times she kind of reminds me a bit of blondie jamming with talking heads with maybe just a bit more of a new wave thing going on. Its infectiously catchy at times featuring lots of choppy guitar sounds, kooky synths and somewhat funky electronic beats. Its may be a strange obscure comparison but if you remember the au pairs from way back then you may just find this album to your liking. February 2010-Cd-Warp-€12.99

Lonelady-Nerve up-The debut album on the warp label from lonelady [aka julie campbell]. Features our former single of the week intuition. The album features ten cuts of angular new wave, post punk and punk funk vibes. At times she kind of reminds me a bit of blondie jamming with talking heads with maybe just a bit more of a new wave thing going on. Its infectiously catchy at times featuring lots of choppy guitar sounds, kooky synths and somewhat funky electronic beats. Its may be a strange obscure comparison but if you remember the au pairs from way back then you may just find this album to your liking. February 2010-Lp-Warp-€13.99

Is it just my booze addled brain and virus ridden computer or is this happening to everyone?

Yeah, I've never understood it either...it just makes it longer and more scrolling. Why not just do this....?

Lonelady-Nerve up-The debut album on the warp label from lonelady [aka julie campbell]. Features our former single of the week intuition. The album features ten cuts of angular new wave, post punk and punk funk vibes. At times she kind of reminds me a bit of blondie jamming with talking heads with maybe just a bit more of a new wave thing going on. Its infectiously catchy at times featuring lots of choppy guitar sounds, kooky synths and somewhat funky electronic beats. Its may be a strange obscure comparison but if you remember the au pairs from way back then you may just find this album to your liking. February 2010-Lp-Warp-€13.99 ; Cd-Warp-€12.99

Depends on how their database is set up. Could be poorly rationalised tables in there.

Yes, ahem ... it could be something like that. Let's move on and talk about something else shall we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back