How are Road getting on? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 154
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 13
I would have thought that it's bad PR form to debunk someone else's spin.

Ha, didn't mean it like that, I'm just interested as I'm hoping to get something released too, thought City Discs and Road were the only indepenent options.

Tower never stopped taking consignments...
I stand corrected, so is it only HMV and the bigger retailers that require you to go through a distributor?

Fair enough. Shops should have a clear procedure for ordering etc. I always think this when I go into a new cafe. Do I sit down? Do i order at the desk? Do i q up? Do i pay now? Where am I supposed to pick up my drink? They should all display their procedure as soon as you go in. A sign or drawings would be nice.

Fair enough. Shops should have a clear procedure for ordering etc. I always think this when I go into a new cafe. Do I sit down? Do i order at the desk? Do i q up? Do i pay now? Where am I supposed to pick up my drink? They should all display their procedure as soon as you go in. A sign or drawings would be nice.

In fairness, it's probably more me being awkward than them. I feel bad every time I walk out without buying something. I just wish there was more there I wanted without needing to order it. Or being able to pay for it when ordering instead of when picking up. That way I don't need to budget/ worry about having the money to pay for it when it does finally arrive. Or feel like I'm pestering since I've already purchased it and they'd contact me. I think having a clearer order proceedure on the site would help though. I'd happliy order more often if I wasn't left in limbo and in fear of being that annoying girl every time I walked in.

But totally in your own head.

Maybe so but I really do want to support them. I would prefer to buy from them and I will happily buy another ticket for a benefit for them. I understand their value to the local community. Plus I really do think the guy who is usually working there when I go in is very nice. I don't know his name but he's very pleasant. It's just so rare I find something in the racks I want to buy that I don't already own.

Maybe so but I really do want to support them. I would prefer to buy from them and I will happily buy another ticket for a benefit for them. I understand their value to the local community. Plus I really do think the guy who is usually working there when I go in is very nice. I don't know his name but he's very pleasant. It's just so rare I find something in the racks I want to buy that I don't already own.

Are you subscribed to their mailing list? It gets sent out most Fridays so you'll know whether or not they have something that you'd like to buy in.

Are you subscribed to their mailing list? It gets sent out most Fridays so you'll know whether or not they have something that you'd like to buy in.

Yeah, I've been on it since I got here and discovered them. If I see something on the list I'll go in but is it just me or are they not sent out as much as they once were? At any rate, I'm not saying Road sucks. I like them. Just explaining why I don't shop there more.

It was something to do with the difference in how they manage orders via their website and those through e-mail. Its easier for them if its via the website, whereas e-mail orders are probably difficult enough for them to track if they have to order a title for you.

I can clarify this (just checked back through my mail).

The difference is in preorder stuff. They need that submitted through the website.

Stuff they have in stock they are happy to take e-mail requests for.

you should follow them on twitter.
the mail out is too long for me to get through really, and i pay a lot more attention as dave tweets each new release or offer

you should follow them on twitter.
the mail out is too long for me to get through really, and i pay a lot more attention as dave tweets each new release or offer

I can't be bothered with Twitter. I actually read the whole e-mail that comes out because sometimes I might be willing to try something I've never heard before based on the review. Plus one time they had my friend's band from Boston listed on there and I ran down to get it. I like the e-mail.

I understand keeping a good stock would be hard if people aren't buying. It's a catch 22. I've never run a business so I can't even imagine how hard it is nor handling a bunch of odd orders from tons of people. I don't know what the answer is here other than I try to support and buy things there when I can.

I even tried being super friendly in an effort to get them to warm up a little bit
they are a record shop, not a comedy routine. also, how do people live if they need their hand being held while buying music? they're super friendly to me, maybe they're annoyed by your attention seeking ways

they are a record shop, not a comedy routine. also, how do people live if they need their hand being held while buying music? they're super friendly to me, maybe they're annoyed by your attention seeking ways

Yeah because that was exactly what I was doing. I brought in a microphone and a tannoy. I do prop comedy so of course I had my trunk with me. Where do you think I stepped over the line? Was it when I brought my own band in or when I asked for audience participation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back