Horror (5 Viewers)

I had a great idea for a horror film last night when I saw the Ring was on. It's about a haunted curry that makes people shit themselves a week after they eat it. I'd call it ... The Ring Sting

6/10. Not bad.

Ordered myself a copy of Salem's Lot on dvd there yesterday. Had a look at the reviews on Amazon and the first paragraph of one of them really cracked me up:

"I remember as a twelve year old watching the concluding part of this original version and it frightened me so much that i actually got into my parents bed (much to my fathers utter disbelief), because i didn't want to sleep alone in my bedroom that night. He kicked me out after five minutes and later that night thought it would be a good idea to creep into my room in the dark, jump on my bed and hiss like a vampire---bringing me to tears and only stopping when my mother shouted at him to leave me alone. For weeks after i couldn't sit in my room at night without the curtains being drawn together -- with no gaps showing."

Last edited:
No one agrees with me on this, but Halloween III is my favourite of the series. Not only does it have Tom Atkins but the whole idea of the pagan mass sacrifice using Halloween masks was enough to scare me off wearing one back when I was a kid.

No one agrees with me on this, but Halloween III is my favourite of the series. Not only does it have Tom Atkins but the whole idea of the pagan mass sacrifice using Halloween masks was enough to scare me off wearing one back when I was a kid.

Seriously under-rated movie! Couldn't rate it above Halloween 1, but it's easily my second favourite from the franchise. I can't help but think it'd be more popular if it had a different name.

I got 6 as well. A fair few I've actually read but didn't get. Go figure.

ANYWAY I think my Halloween movie lineup will be:

Norseratu the Vampyre (herzog)
kwaiden
slaughter high
Children of the corn 3

I like a mix between good, bad, old, new, shit, funny, scary and weird.

went to see this last Halloween over in a small 20/30 seater cinema in New Yoike, was deadly. Soundtrack released by Finders Keepers in the last 12 months too. Cant remember if it made the 100 chosen above. definitely worth a watch

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My attempt to watch 31 horror films (that i haven't sen before) in the month has succeeded with a day to spare (and I am thinking of seeing BADADOOK today).

Tues:
The Possessed (1977): Pretty terrible 70's TV movie about possession in a girls school staring James Farentino (also a young Harrison Ford plays a lecherous science teacher).
Wednesday:
Berberian Sound Studio (2012): This well craft film looks and sounds fantastic but the plot/ending lost me a bit. An introverted sound effects mixer goes to work in Italy on a 'Suspira' style horror film. I would be interested in what others thought of this.
The Quiet Ones (2014): Very average 'possession' film from the new Hammer Studios. I liked it but really there was nothing new here at all.
Thursday:
Vampire Doll (1970): First of Toho's Vampire trilogy from Michio Yamamoto. Reminded me a lot of the Hammer films of that period. Look forard to seeing the other 2 which apparently more straight forward 'Dracula' Movies.
Housebound (2014): I knew nothing about this before watching this excellent little Horror from New Zealand. A methhead girl is forced to do house arrest in her Mother's apparently haunted house. I don't want to tell you more but it is really worth the watch. Way better than 100 Feet or Disturbia :)

Next year 62 movies in the month :)

My attempt to watch 31 horror films (that i haven't sen before) in the month has succeeded with a day to spare (and I am thinking of seeing BADADOOK today).

Tues:
The Possessed (1977): Pretty terrible 70's TV movie about possession in a girls school staring James Farentino (also a young Harrison Ford plays a lecherous science teacher).
Wednesday:
Berberian Sound Studio (2012): This well craft film looks and sounds fantastic but the plot/ending lost me a bit. An introverted sound effects mixer goes to work in Italy on a 'Suspira' style horror film. I would be interested in what others thought of this.
The Quiet Ones (2014): Very average 'possession' film from the new Hammer Studios. I liked it but really there was nothing new here at all.
Thursday:
Vampire Doll (1970): First of Toho's Vampire trilogy from Michio Yamamoto. Reminded me a lot of the Hammer films of that period. Look forard to seeing the other 2 which apparently more straight forward 'Dracula' Movies.
Housebound (2014): I knew nothing about this before watching this excellent little Horror from New Zealand. A methhead girl is forced to do house arrest in her Mother's apparently haunted house. I don't want to tell you more but it is really worth the watch. Way better than 100 Feet or Disturbia :)

Next year 62 movies in the month :)
I thought The Quiet Ones dreadful. A lame mix of Hammer style period horror and found footage, which didn’t work at all. Not scary.

Despite Halloween being over I seem to be on a roll:

The Babadook (2014) - Caught this Halloween Morning. It was a little different than expected. It's pretty atmospheric and unnerving - I wasn't 100% happy with the ending.
Big Ass Spider! (2013) - Thought this was going to typical Syfy Channel crud but likeable characters and an amusing script made me forgive the terrible effects and ropey acting.
Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971) - I remember loving this as a child which kind of worries me. This is a strange dreamlike horror which reminded me very much of Carnival of Souls. Intriguing and enjoyable.
The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake (1959) - This was a undiscovered gem. Outrage plot and an amazing reveal made this one of the best blind watches I have seen in a while. Sure it's clichéd, possibly racist and every thing looks like a cheap set but when the villain turns out to be........

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back