Horror (2 Viewers)

There was a Twin Peaks season 2 soundtrack CD around 2007. It's quite good. A vinyl copy of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me does not come cheap.

Yeah, I have all three of the Twin Peaks CDs but Lynch had more tracks available as streaming only on his site that still haven't been given a physical release.

I think it took til last night to realise that I don't really care for horror films.
Unless Aliens counts?
Or zombie movies.
I adore horror. I probably watch more horror movies than any other genre. When they’re good they can stand up with the best films of their era – Repulsion, Rosemary’s Baby, The Exorcist, The Shining, Psycho, Nosferatu, Suspiria, Erasherhead, The Fly etc

Trying to watch 31 horror films I have never seen before for October. On number 22 so far , so I am a bit behind. High points include Juan of the Dead, Lugosi in The Human Monster.Low points so far: ABCs of Death 2 and Life after Beth.

My Weekend horror binge consisted of:

Maximum Overdrive: Fun 80's non-sense directed by a coked up Stephen King.
The Frozen Dead: Enjoyable 60's British romp - Frozen Nazis, reanimated heads and Edward Fox. What more do you need?
Macabre: Another great William Castle horror. This one was so scary back in the day that $1,000 life insurance policy was given to each audience member in case they died of fright.
The Taking of Deborah Logan: Pretty Solid found footage film in a long line of recent possession,haunted house found footage movies.
[REC]3: Despite hearing only terrible things about this film, I enjoyed this 3rd installation in the Spanish Demon/Zombie Series. It's a lot different in tone and style than the fist 2 (it ditches the found footage after 20mins) - this may account for the hate.

The Taking of Deborah Logan: Pretty Solid found footage film in a long line of recent possession,haunted house found footage movies.
I’ve heard decent things about this but I don’t know if I can put myself through another found footage horror film or another exorcism film for that matter.

[REC]3: Despite hearing only terrible things about this film, I enjoyed this 3rd installation in the Spanish Demon/Zombie Series. It's a lot different in tone and style than the fist 2 (it ditches the found footage after 20mins) - this may account for the hate.

Must watch this soon, loved the first two.

Witchfinder General is on tv Friday, can anyone recommend it or not?

The Taking of Deborah Logan isn't fantastic but it is entertaining and unlike a lot of that genre it is well paced and doesn't leave just up until the pay off in the last 5 minutes.

Witchfinder General is fantastic - in my top 20 for sure. You will definably like it if you like 60's British Horror like the Hammer films

Sheitan is an excellent, weird film - it is often overlooked amount the other French New Wave Horror. I also liked Frontier(s) alot unlike most people.

Seen about half the films on that list.

Watched the new version of Carrie over the weekend. It's good, and I actually think it's better acted than the original, but not remotely scary.

I haven't seen House of the Devil mentioned here yet. That's one of my favourite horror films of recent years. An atmospheric slow burner inspired by stories of satanic cults in the 80s. It's a really authentic looking period piece.

Also watched Carnival Of Souls, Phantasm and had a Fulci triple bill of Manhattan Baby, City Of The Living Dead and The Beyond.

Oh and American Movie, which although not strictly a horror film belongs on any list of halloween films.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back