Horror (1 Viewer)

In fairness everyone thought it was going to be great, original creators involved, endorsements by the great and the good..such a pity

little list I came across earlier. gotta say. I watched The Witchfinder General during the year and thought it was absolute shite. people agree/disagree with this?

anyway, the list...
10 great British rural horror films | BFI

Must try the ones I haven't seen, 'Whistle and I'll come to you' has me intrigued.
What did people think of Kill List? It was on last week and while it had its moments (people parading around at night with flaming torches is generally creepy) overall it felt a bit underwhelming.

Must try the ones I haven't seen, 'Whistle and I'll come to you' has me intrigued.
What did people think of Kill List? It was on last week and while it had its moments (people parading around at night with flaming torches is generally creepy) overall it felt a bit underwhelming.

I thought Kill List was great craic, but then again, Michael Smiley.

I had Kill List recorded from whenever A Field in England was released. I only got around to watching it this week coincidentally. I thought it was pretty good all the way through, the leap from hitman crime drama to culty horror was done well. It reminded me a lot of 2000AD comics in the way it was shot (those quick cuts within scenes giving you impressions of what's going on were like individual panels in a comic) and in terms of content. Had shades of Button Man and Cradlegrave.

Wheatley would be the perfect director to make a film of Cradlegrave

Totally.

I'd love to see a Button Man movie but not sure it would work very well, might be a bit too cliched to work on screen. Plus Arthur Ranson's art is so good, it would be a shame to change the visuals to real actors.

His art is so realistic it feels very cinematic. If it was done correctly it could be very good. Low-key realism like Get Carter as opposed to super humans like Jason Bourne.

Peter Fonda is one of those great charismatic actors that hasn't been in enough good movies

Just watched Blood on Satan's Claw myself. Recorded it because of it's awesome name. Thought it was cool, enjoyed it more than Witchfinder General.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back