hey wanna help me?? (2 Viewers)

Sean (V.D.) said:
Where bouts do u live near Sandymount Jane? I live in Bath Avenue. You know the place?
I'm just up in Ballsbridge at the moment, on Pembroke Rd (not far from you, really), but I used to live on Tritonville Road in Sandymount, and I'll be living in Ringsend by the end of the week. I'll be out near the East Link Bridge in the new place, but I did try to hold out for a place on Bath Avenue or just around there. For some reason, I've had it in my head for a few years that it's my ideal street to live on in Dublin, it just hasn't happened yet (though my new house is really sweet). Which end of it are you on?

I'm from Michigan. I go to Michigan State. There's like 30 of us coming so it should be an interesting experience. I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think I'm going to be living near Park Avenue.

Can anyone suggest some good B & B's in or near Sandymount. My family is coming to visit for a couple of days. it has to have a car park.

jane said:
I'm just up in Ballsbridge at the moment, on Pembroke Rd (not far from you, really), but I used to live on Tritonville Road in Sandymount, and I'll be living in Ringsend by the end of the week. I'll be out near the East Link Bridge in the new place, but I did try to hold out for a place on Bath Avenue or just around there. For some reason, I've had it in my head for a few years that it's my ideal street to live on in Dublin, it just hasn't happened yet (though my new house is really sweet). Which end of it are you on?

The London Bridge end, Derrynane Gardens. Quiet street. What road near the East-Link will you be living? How come Bath Ave. is your ideal place? There's a house on my road thats up for sale. Twas home to a 70 (or so) year-old Pink-haired woman. She was cool! She ain't dead, i'm talkin past-tense cos she'll be moving!

Uh, i don't know of any B&Bs in Sandymount cos Bath Ave. is right on the edge of Sandymount! There's a few near the village but their names elude me. Sorry!

Sean (V.D.) said:
The London Bridge end, Derrynane Gardens. Quiet street. What road near the East-Link will you be living? How come Bath Ave. is your ideal place? There's a house on my road thats up for sale. Twas home to a 70 (or so) year-old Pink-haired woman. She was cool! She ain't dead, i'm talkin past-tense cos she'll be moving!

Uh, i don't know of any B&Bs in Sandymount cos Bath Ave. is right on the edge of Sandymount! There's a few near the village but their names elude me. Sorry!
I like Bath Avenue because it's just a good location: near Sandymount, really near town, and still close to the beach, but there's something about living in the shadow of the gasworks that I find kind of attractive. Too bad I can't buy a house or I'd look. The new place is up on Pigeon House Road -- really nice, but a bit further out than I'd hoped for. Still, it's a great place and it's right on the water -- proximity to water is something I won't compromise on. I've got the port right in front of my window, so I do worry that I'll end up becoming some kind of ferry/freighter spotter....

As for B&Bs in Sandymount, there's a hotel there called the Mount Herbert (on Herbert Road), though it's really on the Lansdowne Road side, and not THAT close to Park Avenue. It's decent, relatively inexpensive, and has a big car park. My mother stayed there and it seemed okay. There are some near the village (I don't know their names, either) and there are also tons of B&Bs along Merrion Road in Ballsbridge, a main street which is really the outer edge of Sandymount. Most of them probably have parking, and they'd be, on the whole, fairly nice places. Dublin (and Ireland in general) is so full of B&Bs that I can't imagine there would be much trouble getting one around there, unless there were some big event on at the same time (e.g. rugby match, Eagles/Rod Stewart concert, knitting expo).

There's also Bewley's Hotel, which is also on Merrion Road. They do something like 99euro per room, and it's probably decent enough.

Now to get my cut from Bord Failte...

Can anyone suggest some good B & B's in or near Sandymount. My family is coming to visit for a couple of days. it has to have a car park.[/QUOTE]
Landsdowne manor on Landsdowne road is extra fancy but probably a little cheaper than a hotel. I'm sure you'll notice some mom and pop kinda b'n'b places once you get there,Sandymount is pretty nice place to stay in Dublin if you're only here for a while..

Sean (V.D.) said:
Where bouts do u live near Sandymount Jane? I live in Bath Avenue. You know the place? Want to call down for a french kiss?
Wow, I've never seen anyone try to pick up a girl on an internet forum. Watch out for the fat and hairy men with imaginations.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Bath Avenue is Dublin's proverbial rug where fertile eejits and halfwits are metaphorically swept under.

Bath Avenue = Dublin 4 = Not Cool

jane said:
Who's claiming to be punk? !baggyyyy

Could you perhaps list some neighbourhoods that would allow one to be a legitimate punk? And perhaps how many points each is worth?

Just curious.
Your punk points reset to zero the second you consider living on the south side. I'm tellin ya.

the strange guy said:
Wow, I've never seen anyone try to pick up a girl on an internet forum. Watch out for the fat and hairy men with imaginations.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Bath Avenue is Dublin's proverbial rug where fertile eejits and halfwits are metaphorically swept under.

Bath Avenue = Dublin 4 = Not Cool
Ha ha ha, no one is trying to pick anyone up. Would be a fruitless effort even if he were.

Dublin 4 isn't COOL? DAMN that letting agent!

And thank you, I would prefer to be regarded as a half-wit than a punk.

rd-duane.jpg
Duane Dibley?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back