Have the clocks gone back/forward or something? (1 Viewer)

Rogue

Website
Visit site
What's going on, my computer thinks it's 13.52, my phone thinks it's 12.52. Thumped can't seem to make it's mind up on the issue (someone just posted from an hour in the future.

'Ted, I think I'm going mad.'

A common phenomenon

have you checked your body for any marks that weren't there before?

It sounds like alien abduction to me

I dunno man, I've only got the usual post-saturday night pains in strange places. Maybe this happens every weekend and I'm only just noticing. Where's my tinfoil hat...

yeah, its a pain in the whole. these hours moving forward and backward throughout the year wreck my head: i've got a fucking tenuous grasp on time as it is. "ah its great: we'll have brighter evenings!". a well needed answer: we are going to have them anyway. rant etc.

today is the 23rd anniversary of our budgie, Joey's death.

I fear I may have hastened his heart attack some days earlier by lifting our cat onto the table where Joey's cage was - so he could have a 'better look'.

a sad day. i had a budgie called joey that died of fright too. we used to leave the cage at the window for him to look out and one day i went in to the room and there was some sort of hawk doing its best to smash its way through the glass and get at joey. it was being very aggressive and poor joey spent the rest of the day cowering in the corner of his cage and was dead by the next morning. sometimes i used to hang his cage from the clothes line in summer but it'd never be out there two minutes before there'd be cats trying to jump up at the cage, little bastards.

i like the time changes - its a grand evening so it is.

"ah its great: we'll have brighter evenings!". a well needed answer: we are going to have them anyway.

amen. i find something a bit weird about daylight savings, like there's some benign authority in control of time and making adjustments for the greater (schoolkids'? farmers'?) good.

but the day after is always entertaining, and i can never remember which way it's gone. it's like learning to use the clock again.

at the markievicz pool:
"am i too late for a swim?"
"no, it's open until a quarter to four."
"great. [long pause] so, er, how long away is that?"

We should do away with this stupid clock forward/bckward thing. It's too bleeding dark in the winter. I could cope with it getting dark at 9 in the summer.

Time should be decimal anyway. 100 minutes in an hour. 20 hours in a day. 10 days in a week. 6 days work week. 4 day weekend. Lookit, I know yis want more weekend but pushing for more than 4 days is, well, pushing it. They'll never go for it.

who invented clocks going forward and back?

img062a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back