Good Riddance - A Thread About the News of the World (1 Viewer)

Is that true?

according to this guy on bbc news yesterday:

Julian-Assanges-lawyer-Ma-006.jpg

explain that??

I find your attitude, that people must be dererving of "bad" because they work for a business you don't like to be very odd.

I don't like lots of businesses, but shit, man, we all gotta make money... as long as you aren't the one hacking phones or hell, actively engaged in making he world a worse place then I think it's pretty nuts that you should be expected to just... accept that you deserve bad things happening to you, because you, for instance, work for Rupert Murdoch.

Matt Groening works for Rupert Murdoch. If he got hit by a bus, I wouldn't say... "well, he got what he deserved, because Fox News is shit".

I didn't actually say that milan, thats something from inside your head that are projecting on me.

You said:

"they worked at a shite newspaper. they made that decision at some point"

To me your obvious implication is that this decision to work there has resulted in this outcome for them personally.

If that's not what you meant by that, what did you mean?

well you seem to have lost the first part of that post in quoting it, did your mates from that paper teach you to quote people out of context?

To me your obvious implication

sentences that start like that are generally about things that are coming out of your head. i think you have a weird and complex attitude.

well you seem to have lost the first part of that post in quoting it, did your mates from that paper teach you to quote people out of context?sentences that start like that are generally about things that are coming out of your head. i think you have a weird and complex attitude.
sorry, but none of that is true.

Your initial comment about them not being doctors does nothing to explain or imply an alternate meaning of the subsequent statement.

And many many things are implied intentionally, thousands or things on a daily basis. Everyone that understands an implicaion is not hearing voices or otherwise delusional.

Here, just tell us what you were saying, that statement you made isn't clear to me. Explain it please.

sorry, but none of that is true

you did drop the first half of my post, you did quote it out of context by doing that, sentences that start with 'to me your obvious implication' are coming from you head (fact), and if you can say all those things arent true so blatantly, then i maintain that your attitude is possibly weird and complex.

Your initial comment about them not being doctors does nothing to explain or imply an alternate meaning of the subsequent statement.
And many many things are implied intentionally, thousands or things on a daily basis. Everyone that understands an implicaion is not hearing voices or otherwise delusional.

That wasn't my initial comment, that was a reaction to you and anarcho's knee jerking about me saying specifically that the journos were shit anyways. The context of roscommon is the A&E dept closing down due to spending cuts and being replaced by some piece of crap. If you want to waste another hour reading this thread you'll see that i was always talking about the journo's and not the floor staff and i kinda get the impression that you missed the reference to the roscommon story which has much worse implications for ireland than a newspaper dissapearing an 30 people hitting the dole. But because they are hacks its front page, and roscommon is a footnote.

anyways, were your mates complicit in the phone hacking thing?

Right so a few months ago I was drinking. I know how unlikely that sounds. I ended up meeting a few people who worked as journos. It took me about 5 minutes of questions to establish that they worked for a tabloid. Now this is key to what I think your original argument may have been about.

After I found out they worked for a tabloid I was suprised to say th least because they had struck me as an articulate and intelligent bunch of folks after telling me they all looked slightly ashamed, defeated and embarrassed now obviously I made jokes like well that's "four years of journalism college going to waste then" and obviously they had heard all these gags before but equally obvious was that they actually felt the same as we do. They are wasting away in there jobs. If there is a solidarity movement between rag journos it's basically saying "yes we are the devil and we have symapathy for the other devils" No one gets into journalism to work for the Sun. Fact. The majority of journos for tabloids failled to get better jobs, a minority are just socially and morally inept cretins who ended up there because of their failings. They are the macdonalds workers of the print media and they know this . Now I for one don't read the tabloids I have no sympathy for the scum at the top or the sociopaths that carried out all of this but I do have sympathy for anyone who takes a job that's beneath their expectations so they can pay their way, gets trapped in their shit job and then loses it during a recession because of the actions of some loonatic.

Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back