Good Riddance - A Thread About the News of the World (2 Viewers)

4e132ef1bbf01.gif

yeah thats all grand and group huggish and applies to everyone in every job ever pretty much; except these are journo's, and they had the perfect setting and connections and abilities to break that story, and any one of them with the wits to do it would have elevated their career beyond comprehension and walked out of that building smelling of roses. reputation means a lot in that field, ask india knight. instead they sat on it for 9 years and then let someone else break it and opted for the dole.

4e132ef1bbf01.gif

yeah thats all grand and group huggish and applies to everyone in every job ever pretty much; except these are journo's, and they had the perfect setting and connections and abilities to break that story, and any one of them with the wits to do it would have elevated their career beyond comprehension and walked out of that building smelling of roses. reputation means a lot in that field, ask india knight. instead they sat on it for 9 years and then let someone else break it and opted for the dole.

Bollox they would have never worked in this town again. It's Rupert fucking Murdoch for christ sake they would have broken the small print in their contracts and been buried.

i wrote that reply too fast. he didn't actually break the story anyways, hugh grant did, and hugh grants public profile is possibly as good as its ever going to get now. mcmullan has done tv since that was leaked aswell. As for the 'you'll never work in this town again' - thats speculative, oligarchs dont make enemies so fast. rupdock is more likely figuring out how to best to profit from the situation rather than who should be getting fitted out for conctrete boots. free badges with the sun on sunday next week that say 'i hate rupert' or something like that.

- thats speculative,

No it's not.

Oh Wait yes it is.

It all is.

I'm just saying that the kind of evil shitehawk that employs sociopaths doesn't do so without covering his arse very carefully. I for one wouldn't go up against the type of people who regularly invent sex and drug scandles and destroy the reputations of basically anyone who's name they can spell and make a fucking fortune from doing so.

No it's not.

Oh Wait yes it is.

It all is.

I'm just saying that the kind of evil shitehawk that employs sociopaths doesn't do so without covering his arse very carefully. I for one wouldn't go up against the type of people who regularly invent sex and drug scandles and destroy the reputations of basically anyone who's name they can spell and make a fucking fortune from doing so.

I gave that post some like because I felt it was delivered with a lot of passion

Complex in that, I see a lot of people gloating about the NOTW being closed... from a ideological perspective... which would be ok if it's closure had anything to do with ideology.

It doesn't.

Murdoch has done this, not as a favour, but to protect himself and his business.

So...

What's the REAL impact?

Less tabloid journalism? For a few weeks maybe.

Lot's of innocent folks losing their jobs, so that Murdoch can protect his business interests? Yep.

Gloating should be reserved for, at best, a victory. This is not a victory for anyone other than Murdoch and a few of his executives.

I don't agree.
Whether the final blow was his or someone else's isn't really the point. End result is the same - and the right result.

Rupert may think this staunches the blood loss - it won't.

He is now facing a investigation in the US for Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations - this is a huge deal - a investigation that will run into hundreds of millions that he will have to pay for. That is before the fall out from the allegation that he tried to tap the phones of 9-11 victims.

This is not just a UK matter any more and it is not just Rupert closing NOTW and moving on....

He is in deep deep shit, and it will get deeper and shittier. And that is a good thing..

who is louise boat?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back