good books? (2 Viewers)

my sherona said:
Jorden by the way is bit of a loser into hunting and other shit pastimes. Hmm does that stop you from reading his stuff??
no !
and i think it's supposed to go up to 15

it aint so bad, its even got Good Omens on it. probably the best book in existence. thats the book id recomment to any and everyone.

John. loved your article. take the iq test at emode.com
i got 127, but i want some1 else to take it as i suspect it's not very good.

read breakfast at tiffanys.
or dracula.
I remember when I had a dracula book.. yep. then it went to glasnevin. and was never seen again.

Check out "At Swim Two Birds" by Flann O'Brien...

Catch 22 is great too

Em...reading a book about Economics right now... the guy says the 1930's depression could have been avoided if they printed more money.

Just finished: "Last Exit To Brooklyn" - Hubert Selby jr /"Maldoror" - DeLautremont

In the throes of: "Dance Dance Dance"- Murakami/"Double Deuce" (the Cometbus Novel)/some book on fatherhood that i can't remember the name of

Desperately seeking:"The Consumer and Other Stories" -M. Gira

Thoroughly reccomended to the kids: "Confederacy of Dunces" - John Kennedy O' Toole/any Ray Carver/"If on a winter's night a traveller"-Italo Calvino/"Answer me" -Jim and Debbie Goad/ "The Third Policeman"-Flann O Brien/"The Satanic bible"-Anton Szandor Levey/"Dork" or "Milk and Cheese" collections by Evan Dorkin

I wish i had more time to read nowadays...

have to mention "Squatting in the bushes" and that ad up in the top right corner obviously..

"shit magnet" - jim goad
dude feels very sorry for himself.
re-read "lords of chaos" recently too and am about to re-read on "diary of a madman" by that russian guy gogol.

RAD-ALARM said:
"shit magnet" - jim goad
dude feels very sorry for himself.
re-read "lords of chaos" recently too and am about to re-read on "diary of a madman" by that russian guy gogol.
Got Gogol`s Dead Souls which is worht a read.

Its Arthur Rimbaud`s 149th Anniversary this month by the way.....A Season in Hell and all that....

'tlaes of a punk rock nothing' is deadly . it sounds really cheezy and crap but its actually a real good collection of this guys journal entries and letters and zines and stuff....very personal and emo. id recomend it

'temp slave' is ok not anything great alot of stories of people fuckin up their workplace...

evasion...deadly ...read it ....now

i read a lot of zines....sweet olive is really good just read that one yesterday.....chuiaha and pit bull is pretty funny, so is y'erd me.

does anyone know where to get good books? cause i kind of rely on bushie or willie to feed me the read.

Fuck sake, that Top 100 book list is obviously some sort of hilarious practical joke. How else could 'The Catcher in The Rye', which I still maintain to be one of the worst books I've ever read, get on it? Great American novel my fuckin hole.

I'm reading 'Last Exit To Brooklyn' by Hubert Selby Jr., 'Use of Weapons' by Iain M Banks and 'A Short History Of Nearly Everything' by Bill Bryson. Alternating between them when the mood takes me, coz I'm a fuckin *nerrrrrrd*. The best book ever has to be 2001: Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke. Haven't seen the movie though, thank fuck. Movies are for spas.

the strange guy said:
I'm reading 'Last Exit To Brooklyn' by Hubert Selby Jr., 'Use of Weapons' by Iain M Banks and 'A Short History Of Nearly Everything' by Bill Bryson. Alternating between them when the mood takes me, coz I'm a fuckin *nerrrrrrd*. The best book ever has to be 2001: Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke. Haven't seen the movie though, thank fuck. Movies are for spas.
Yeah, Oly, DO NOT get the film of "Last Exit.." out after you finish the book, it's a massive dissapointment>though that's mainly cos it's such a fucking amazing book.Hubert is the man.

Robert Jordan is the king.
Just read Junky by Willy Buroughs, good stuff. Also American Pastoral by Philip Roth is pretty hardcore brainhurt (in a good way). I read The Quare Fellow by Brendan Behan last week, deadly. Shitloads of HP Lovecraft again recently. And various academic bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back