good books? (3 Viewers)

treelo said:
you thought that was crap? but that chapter on ian paisley? it's a deadly book! you're obviously a moron, who the fuck put you in charge of a library?

No one put me in "charge" of anything. I believe in the unstoppable truth that is anarchy and refuse to conform to your neo-liberal narrow pigeon holing ideologies, which seeks to confine and corrupt my true and unfettered spirit. Only by rejecting the whole hierarchical lexicon which emanates from and conversely reinforces consumerist value top-heavy power structures can we as libertarian anarchists ever hope to reconstruct our societies and our lives in a truly 'right-on' way. No one is in "charge" or indeed could be, for that would negate the whole ephemeral beauty of the system which is the truest form of non-objectifying affinity spiral. The chapter to which you refer was one of the weakest pieces of investigative pseudo-journalism I have ever had he misfortune to read and I can only hope Mr. Ronson meets a gruesome and untimely death in the very near future. .|..|

I got 136, Visionary Philosopher (which is handy :) ) in the emode one, I got 149 in the other one, which seemed quite strange with true or false questions. Besides I thought IQ is becoming less accepted and Emotional Quotient EQ more important.

Good Books

Demian - Hermann Hesse
Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll

BAD Books (but still good)

Empire - Michael Hardt & Antonio Negri
Some book on Autonimism, Violence and the Left. !ninjaaaa

And then Ethics: Inventing Right and Wrong - J L Mackie for my course.

Everyone should read at least one book by Richard Brautigan.Start with "Trout fishing in America" or "The HAwkline Monster".

And , master of the bleedin' obvious..but "American PSycho" by brett Easton Ellis is a fucking masterpiece

needtokill said:
Everyone should read at least one book by Richard Brautigan.Start with "Trout fishing in America" or "The HAwkline Monster".

And , master of the bleedin' obvious..but "American PSycho" by brett Easton Ellis is a fucking masterpiece

i don't understand how the same man who wrote 'american psycho' could go on to write such trash as 'the rules of attraction'. blegh.

Lordjaysus said:
No one is in "charge" or indeed could be, for that would negate the whole ephemeral beauty of the system which is the truest form of non-objectifying affinity spiral.
right well if no one's in charge, i'm taking over. the bad books library is mine now, everyone hear that?
my first undertaking as boss/libertarian anarchist ruler will be to move the library to cork.
thank you all.

treelo said:
right well if no one's in charge, i'm taking over. the bad books library is mine now,
Let me make this absolutley clear, the library is mine, mine I tell you, all mine ahahahahah and you all thought you were going to share the books. It's amazing what a thriving book market exists in Dublin these days. Come on now, did you think the lavish lifestyle I lead could be sustained on taxi company wages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back