General Election 24th May (1 Viewer)

Anyone else get their forms in on Saturday? I got mine in, for all the ads and that, they didn't really give much info on what exactly you're supposed to do.

I couldn't find anything on the net, and people were asking me on saturday night "Do I need to do something about that? There was ads on the radio...."

Does anyone else have the sinking feeling that Bertron is gonna pull this one off? Not that i'd be too impressed with the Fine Gael/Labour pact but give them a shot at fucking it up anyway.

What's worrying is that Fianna Fail are the shrewdest election machine out there. They know that Bertie is a vote getter, that's why he's on every poster. They also know that the last financial scandal about him pushed up his popularity. This week's statement is likely to do the same thing, perhaps to greater effect because it portrays him in a persecuted light, which his supporters and the undecided will lap up.

bertie will walk it. this is a presidential election, not a general one. people don't give a shit if bertie is sucking off property developers as long as their wallets are safe.

I'd be satisfied with no PD's in power, as long as FF has someone in Coalition to keep them in check.
If that happens I'd give the government 18 months to live, but that'd be grand.

Bertie has the oul'wan vote secure. Those crazy bitches run the world.

Anybody notice on his Stormont speech he said "endoooor" in a very American way, not a Dublin "injoor" as one would normally expect for endure. He must be eyeing up the American after dinner speaking market in case his successor fucks him over and doesn't give him the cushy European number.

Lying Bastard. (Allegedly)

has anyone been asking tricky questions, at the door or otherwise?

i had the best of intentions but have been drowning in college work and keep just staggering to the door to blink at them for a minute or two and mumble polite nothings. some day we'll get it right: mr. cookie has "dirty cunts" queued up and i've been practising my McDowell Smile. :>

but, oh: i heard a big clattering sound the other day and went to see if someone was knocking, and opened it to find a smiley woman in a fine gael shirt trying to shove leaflets through the post box. she gave me a startled "hello!", and then from behind her, another woman walks forwards with a big smile and says, "hi, i'm mary banotti!"

i hope i'm misremembering saying "i know!" before lying about considering voting for them.

Noel Ahern was putting leaflets thru my door the other day so I opened it and gave it back to him telling him I didn't want his litter and would he mind putting it in his own green bin as I'm sick of the bin charges that his shower introduced. He didn't notice I had drawn a Hitler moustache on it, so I hope he put it in someone else's letterbox wihtout looking at it.

I was hoping someone would ring up some radio show and tell the story of the gombeen who is putting pics of himself thru letterboxes with Hitler moustaches on his leaflets.

I urge you all to do the same with every leaflet you find.

has anyone been asking tricky questions, at the door or otherwise?

i had the best of intentions but have been drowning in college work and keep just staggering to the door to blink at them for a minute or two and mumble polite nothings. some day we'll get it right: mr. cookie has "dirty cunts" queued up and i've been practising my McDowell Smile. :>

but, oh: i heard a big clattering sound the other day and went to see if someone was knocking, and opened it to find a smiley woman in a fine gael shirt trying to shove leaflets through the post box. she gave me a startled "hello!", and then from behind her, another woman walks forwards with a big smile and says, "hi, i'm mary banotti!"

i hope i'm misremembering saying "i know!" before lying about considering voting for them.

I haven't got any politicians yet, just an arseload of leaflets.

We got PDs round during the European/Local elections (that was fun), and I'm dying for McDowell to come knocking. I've got a few different plans in place, most of which involve amusing myself and keeping him there for as long as possible so he can't worry any of the neighbours.

There's a lot of potential here. I'll be really disappointed if I don't get some facetime, like.

There's a lot of potential here. I'll be really disappointed if I don't get some facetime, like.

Don't be too disappointed. I doubt he'll expose himself to the electorate that are going to tear him asunder.

But if he does!!!! Do keep us informed....
(And don't forget the Hitler moustache thing. Although he'd probably like that).

Don't be too disappointed. I doubt he'll expose himself to the electorate that are going to tear him asunder.

But if he does!!!! Do keep us informed....
(And don't forget the Hitler moustache thing. Although he'd probably like that).

Dude, the wee little mp3 player can make recordings, and it's on the mantelpiece, ready for action. But yeah, I live in Ringsend, in the heart of Gormley country. McDowell knows better than to show his face around here. Or maybe not. There's no such thing as "McDowell knows better."

I'm really surprised at the lack of poster defacement. Honestly, I'm disappointed. Would be vandals, please try harder.

I'm really surprised at the lack of poster defacement. Honestly, I'm disappointed. Would be vandals, please try harder.

The back road to Howth vis Sutton is full of hilarious defacements.

Actually, all of Howth is full of them.

I particurlarly like the "Vote Tayto No 1" posters around town.

I don't like the gobshites saying "I'd actually vote for him if he was real," though (three of them in the space of half an hour today).

I'd love to deface that Patricia McKenna, if you know what I mean. Well, paint her face, at least.

Right, that's bedtime for me....

No leaflets. No one calling to the door.

No one gives a fuck about people in rented accommodation.

That's cos they all assume you're bogger culchies that haven't transferred your vote and will be caught at home at the weekend. Prove the vote managing bastards wrong|

house.jpg

I saw Seamus Brennan having a coffee outside Cafe Mao in the Dundrum Centre on Sunday. Then he strolled about a bit and pressed the flesh. There were loads of monied looking men rushing over to shake his hand and lick his arse. Sickening! He's tiny. He kind of looked like a mini me version of himself. I 'd love for him to be engulfed in a brown envelope kind of scandal. He strikes me as someone with a lot of skeletons in his political closet.

Two canvassers spotted me on the green in my estate yesterday and started to head over but they quickly backed away as my dog crouched to do a no. 2!

I saw Seamus Brennan having a coffee outside Cafe Mao in the Dundrum Centre on Sunday. Then he strolled about a bit and pressed the flesh. There were loads of monied looking men rushing over to shake his hand and lick his arse. Sickening! He's tiny. He kind of looked like a mini me version of himself. I 'd love for him to be engulfed in a brown envelope kind of scandal. He strikes me as someone with a lot of skeletons in his political closet.

Two canvassers spotted me on the green in my estate yesterday and started to head over but they quickly backed away as my dog crouched to do a no. 2!

He always struck me as a relatively competent minister.

IWe got PDs round during the European/Local elections (that was fun), and I'm dying for McDowell to come knocking. I've got a few different plans in place, most of which involve amusing myself and keeping him there for as long as possible so he can't worry any of the neighbours.

i suspect he might actually engage in debate and make some attempt at responding to questions raised, which would make him a most disappointing visitor. "eh, sure, we disagree. now do the smile!"

p.s. has anyone seen alan shatter's propaganda over the last few months? the first leaflet was william shatner themed, and i've seen another based on simon cowell. coloured like NOW magazine, with jokes and each other's names under the pictures and all. it's like he was working like mad at home and only showed anyone unrelated to him/not on his payroll once thousands were printed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back